This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding Changes

#11cycnetPosted 1/9/2013 11:31:12 AM
What I would like to see to make breeding less soul destroying:

-cut by at least 1/3 the number of steps required for hatching an egg

-Something akin to the OP's IV suggestion. I'd even be willing to settle for 4/5 IVs always coming from parents

-Moar daycare!

-hold items to get specific natures

And, not to make it less soul destroying, but more interesting, more egg moves. Also I'd like to see an increase in chances for getting a shiny. I've still never bred or encountered a shiny ever. (Yeah working on shiny charm, but that's a grind itself)

I think it would also be neat to have some pokemon that can only be bred by combining specific parents.
---
W2 code: JJ 0132 9615 4174
#12CharizardFirePosted 1/9/2013 11:34:58 AM
CharizardFire posted...
I would LOVE to see the percentage to where the mother passes down her ability rise.

They did that in B2/W2.

-_- this is the B/W 2 board so of course we're talking about this game. I want it to rise to like 75% in gen. VI

I thought you just didn't know about that advancement. It look some time after the NA release of B2/W2 before this was discovered.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#13tadashii18Posted 1/9/2013 11:44:18 AM
CharizardFire posted...
CharizardFire posted...
I would LOVE to see the percentage to where the mother passes down her ability rise.

They did that in B2/W2.

-_- this is the B/W 2 board so of course we're talking about this game. I want it to rise to like 75% in gen. VI

I thought you just didn't know about that advancement. It look some time after the NA release of B2/W2 before this was discovered.

Oh... Nope. I've known about this since I decided to collect DW Pokemon and breed them for people that want/need them on the trade board.
---
"When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past." - Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#14residentbowersPosted 1/9/2013 11:47:13 AM
breeding works fine now. power items, everstone, instant egg hatches. you really dont need anymore at this point unless your extremly lazy, 3 or 4 perfect ivs are very easy to get. 5 just takes some time. i've never had a pokemon with all 6, but then i've never needed it either.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#15tadashii18Posted 1/9/2013 12:06:58 PM
How do you get an egg to instantly hatch??
---
"When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past." - Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 1/9/2013 12:10:16 PM
There should be a mechanic that if the father had a hidden ability and the mother didn't, the child would have a chance at having their hidden ability even though the father's is different. Basically, you can breed a male Salimence with Moxie to a female Dragonite with Inner Focus and get a Dratini with Marvel Scale.

But I guess hidden abilities are called "hidden" for a reason so I guess it's not necessary. I just want a new way to get certain hidden abilities.
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#17residentbowersPosted 1/9/2013 12:12:09 PM
tadashii18 posted...

nursery in join avenue.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#18ClassyOldHatPosted 1/9/2013 12:43:39 PM
Hozu posted...
If all IVs comes from the parents then you need parents with flawless IVs if you want to breed something flawless. The issue with that is obvious.

I was just about to say this.

And to those saying the IV system doesn't need changing if you're willing to settle for three good IVs, I WOULD agree... IF you already have multiple parents with good IVs in multiple stats. How do you get those? Through crossing your fingers hunting wild Pokemon.
#19Monster SlasherPosted 1/9/2013 1:09:22 PM
Hozu posted...
If all IVs comes from the parents then you need parents with flawless IVs if you want to breed something flawless. The issue with that is obvious.

3 flawless IVs from father
3 flawless IVs from mother

potentially 6 flawless IVs on the baby, depending on the RNG
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#20cycnetPosted 1/9/2013 2:29:45 PM
residentbowers posted...
tadashii18 posted...

nursery in join avenue.

Yeah but it is too limited. Breeding is still a ridiculous timesink and given that they've given trainers pokes with perfect IVs if they aren't going to make that more achievable for peeps they can at least make it less horribly time consuming.
---
W2 code: JJ 0132 9615 4174