This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesect - can you still get him if you bought White 2/Black 2 in 2013?

#1WizardofHothPosted 1/10/2013 8:21:09 PM
Just wondering if you can still get Genesect for the first time if you bought the White 2/Black 2 game just now.

I know the Genesect you were supposed to get the thing right away in 2012 but its 2013 and for the first timers who bought the game this late are they too late to get Genesect or not?>
#2the_cajun88Posted 1/10/2013 8:21:45 PM
Yes, at the trade board.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#3Skull_proPosted 1/10/2013 8:27:34 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Just wondering if you can still get Genesect for the first time if you bought the White 2/Black 2 game just now.

I know the Genesect you were supposed to get the thing right away in 2012 but its 2013 and for the first timers who bought the game this late are they too late to get Genesect or not?>

The event ended early-mid november. The onlly ways to get it is by hacking or by trading
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#4WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:32:42 PM
yeah that's what I thought. Cant stand those one time only events when a Pokemon game comes out where you had to get a certain uber legend pokemon at the right time or whatever.

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaft Green got carried away with alot of stuff such as the boat pass to islands you could only get to after beating the game and yada yada
#5Yarnball289Posted 1/10/2013 8:41:19 PM
Always hated those. Just put em all in the friggin game. Encourages cheating when people don't have access to wifi and the events.
---
Xbl Tag: SaberXPendragon
Evolved into Yarnboulder420 on 10/26/12 :3
#6ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/10/2013 8:42:56 PM
Yarnball289 posted...
Always hated those. Just put em all in the friggin game. Encourages cheating when people don't have access to wifi and the events.

QFT

I'm still fighting the urge to use Action Replay to catch pokemon like Mewtwo or Keldeo and stuff.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4256 2465 9359
#7WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:52:23 PM
yeah I had to use my Gameboy advance action replay to get Mew in either Pokemon Sapphire or Fire Red. Pain in the ass when you're one of the first timers that buy a new Pokemon game a couple of months or even a year later and you miss out on a certain one time only event pokemon deal.

Same thing is gonna happen with Pokemon X and Y this year
#8OldDirtyCRPosted 1/10/2013 9:28:32 PM(edited)
Yarnball289 posted...

It's getting nearly impossible to not have access to Wifi at all. Department stores, fast food (McDonalds for example), coffee shops, casual dining, etc are commonplace for free wifi. The big chains are making company wide pushes to implement Wifi in every store. I live in "the boonies" and even some of the gas stations around here have Wifi.

5 years ago I'd agree with you. But the majority of the country now lives within a reasonable distance of a free Wifi connection. If not, you have several months to come across one (which, as I stated above, is quite likely considering all the stores putting Wifi in).

I can't agree with just putting them all in the game. It takes away the rarity and mystique of these pokemon. Part of the allure of Pokemon games is having to go out and collect them all, some of them being rare. Having them all in the game makes them easily obtainable (which is what any pokemon in game is). The only pokemon I would classify as hard to obtain was Feebas in it's debut game.

They are rare for a reason. If you missed the event, trade for it! That's the point of trading. GTS has a negotiation feature now so you don't even need to have seen them.

Like I said, back in GenI/II/III I'd agree with you. But there are so many ways to obtain the wifi event pokemon or trade for them now that it's not even an issue. You can get easily trade a regular pokemon for a genesect.

Go to the trade boards and someone is surely to oblige you assuming you are willing to trade something that isn't crap.
#9ExiledfmrealityPosted 1/10/2013 9:41:32 PM
hate the wifi events too, but mostly because I want to get Rally, Yellow Forest, etc. It's absurd to think that the only reason why my HG walker has Winner's Path and my SS doesn't because of when I bought the game.
---
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith
#10DarkDragon386Posted 1/10/2013 9:59:46 PM(edited)
It's getting nearly impossible to not have access to Wifi at all. Department stores, fast food (McDonalds for example), coffee shops, casual dining, etc are commonplace for free wifi. The big chains are making company wide pushes to implement Wifi in every store. I live in "the boonies" and even some of the gas stations around here have Wifi.

Nintendo doesn't support my neighbor's wifi security settings. True, I could always ask him to change it to the right type. But, I can't go up to McDonald's management and say "could you change your wi-fi settings so I can play Pokemon"

They are rare for a reason. If you missed the event, trade for it! That's the point of trading. GTS has a negotiation feature now so you don't even need to have seen them.

How many people are willing to actually trade their legit Genesect for some common shrub?

---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)