Latios nature

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
When Latios greets you in dreamyard does it already have it's set stats or can I save later?
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
4 years ago#2
The stats are set when you actually engage in the battle. You can save, take the 1 step to begin the battle, catch him, check stats, reset, then repeat if you want. I've been doing that for my legendary pokemon.
Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.
"I AM SO ANGRY MY PERIODS ARE CAPITALIZED> " - DurpDurpDurp
4 years ago#3
Abramelin posted...
The stats are set when you actually engage in the battle. You can save, take the 1 step to begin the battle, catch him, check stats, reset, then repeat if you want. I've been doing that for my legendary pokemon.

Yes I can confirm this. It's like any other legendary you can reset for, its just the battle is initiated by taking a step rather than pressing A.

Speaking of which, I got a bold Latios, however its Sp.Attack and Speed were perfect, and its other stats were pretty high, so I kept it. Its served me well in the PWT but how reliable would it be for competitive?
[Wubeth Intensifies]
4 years ago#4
Neo_Heartless posted...
Abramelin posted...

Yes I can confirm this. It's like any other legendary you can reset for, its just the battle is initiated by taking a step rather than pressing A.

Speaking of which, I got a bold Latios, however its Sp.Attack and Speed were perfect, and its other stats were pretty high, so I kept it. Its served me well in the PWT but how reliable would it be for competitive?

It's not ideal, but it's not the worst nature. I think you could most likely use it competitively w/o many problems.
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
4 years ago#5
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/latios

Looking at SpA and Spd for a Neutral Nature, you have max stats of 359 and 319 respectively. A positive nature grants 10%, so a boost would give 35 or 31 respectively. 31 is the max IV value, but assuming the IV for a benificial nature isn't 0, you came out a little behind.

That said, Bold is -Atk and +Def so you're not losing anything he uses, and you're gaining something he does. Competitively, I probably wouldn't use it. That said, Latios with Soul Dew is flat out banned and without is OU but rarely seen (last I played).

I'd say it's not ideal, but not likely to make or break your match either

For future reference, using a lead with Synchronize and your nature of choice (Modest/Timid) gives it a 50% chance to be the same nature as said lead. Makes legendary catching a lot less of a pain. I have Synchronize Abras in 19 natures now, I think.
Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.
"I AM SO ANGRY MY PERIODS ARE CAPITALIZED> " - DurpDurpDurp
4 years ago#6
Abramelin posted...
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/latios

Looking at SpA and Spd for a Neutral Nature, you have max stats of 359 and 319 respectively. A positive nature grants 10%, so a boost would give 35 or 31 respectively. 31 is the max IV value, but assuming the IV for a benificial nature isn't 0, you came out a little behind.

That said, Bold is -Atk and +Def so you're not losing anything he uses, and you're gaining something he does. Competitively, I probably wouldn't use it. That said, Latios with Soul Dew is flat out banned and without is OU but rarely seen (last I played).

I'd say it's not ideal, but not likely to make or break your match either

For future reference, using a lead with Synchronize and your nature of choice (Modest/Timid) gives it a 50% chance to be the same nature as said lead. Makes legendary catching a lot less of a pain. I have Synchronize Abras in 19 natures now, I think.

Thank you for the input, but I assure you the first thing I did when I got to post game areas was to breed a small army of syncronize Muuna. I did have a Timid one at the front, but I am also exceptionally lazy and didn't want to reset constantly.

I probably won't use it super competitively anyway, and for the PWT it does its job well (Helping hander that can avoid Earthquake and snipe people with Dragon Pulse.)
[Wubeth Intensifies]
4 years ago#7
Thanks I did a leap of faith and saved on the last step.
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived