This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Latios nature

#1warnerbromanPosted 1/17/2013 2:05:03 AM
When Latios greets you in dreamyard does it already have it's set stats or can I save later?
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#2AbramelinPosted 1/17/2013 4:27:22 AM
The stats are set when you actually engage in the battle. You can save, take the 1 step to begin the battle, catch him, check stats, reset, then repeat if you want. I've been doing that for my legendary pokemon.
---
Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.
"I AM SO ANGRY MY PERIODS ARE CAPITALIZED> " - DurpDurpDurp
#3Neo_HeartlessPosted 1/17/2013 4:32:05 AM
Abramelin posted...
The stats are set when you actually engage in the battle. You can save, take the 1 step to begin the battle, catch him, check stats, reset, then repeat if you want. I've been doing that for my legendary pokemon.

Yes I can confirm this. It's like any other legendary you can reset for, its just the battle is initiated by taking a step rather than pressing A.

Speaking of which, I got a bold Latios, however its Sp.Attack and Speed were perfect, and its other stats were pretty high, so I kept it. Its served me well in the PWT but how reliable would it be for competitive?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#4Nidhogg151Posted 1/17/2013 4:48:18 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Abramelin posted...

Yes I can confirm this. It's like any other legendary you can reset for, its just the battle is initiated by taking a step rather than pressing A.

Speaking of which, I got a bold Latios, however its Sp.Attack and Speed were perfect, and its other stats were pretty high, so I kept it. Its served me well in the PWT but how reliable would it be for competitive?

It's not ideal, but it's not the worst nature. I think you could most likely use it competitively w/o many problems.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#5AbramelinPosted 1/17/2013 4:53:57 AM
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/latios

Looking at SpA and Spd for a Neutral Nature, you have max stats of 359 and 319 respectively. A positive nature grants 10%, so a boost would give 35 or 31 respectively. 31 is the max IV value, but assuming the IV for a benificial nature isn't 0, you came out a little behind.

That said, Bold is -Atk and +Def so you're not losing anything he uses, and you're gaining something he does. Competitively, I probably wouldn't use it. That said, Latios with Soul Dew is flat out banned and without is OU but rarely seen (last I played).

I'd say it's not ideal, but not likely to make or break your match either

For future reference, using a lead with Synchronize and your nature of choice (Modest/Timid) gives it a 50% chance to be the same nature as said lead. Makes legendary catching a lot less of a pain. I have Synchronize Abras in 19 natures now, I think.
---
Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong.
"I AM SO ANGRY MY PERIODS ARE CAPITALIZED> " - DurpDurpDurp
#6Neo_HeartlessPosted 1/17/2013 5:48:05 AM
Abramelin posted...
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/latios

Looking at SpA and Spd for a Neutral Nature, you have max stats of 359 and 319 respectively. A positive nature grants 10%, so a boost would give 35 or 31 respectively. 31 is the max IV value, but assuming the IV for a benificial nature isn't 0, you came out a little behind.

That said, Bold is -Atk and +Def so you're not losing anything he uses, and you're gaining something he does. Competitively, I probably wouldn't use it. That said, Latios with Soul Dew is flat out banned and without is OU but rarely seen (last I played).

I'd say it's not ideal, but not likely to make or break your match either

For future reference, using a lead with Synchronize and your nature of choice (Modest/Timid) gives it a 50% chance to be the same nature as said lead. Makes legendary catching a lot less of a pain. I have Synchronize Abras in 19 natures now, I think.

Thank you for the input, but I assure you the first thing I did when I got to post game areas was to breed a small army of syncronize Muuna. I did have a Timid one at the front, but I am also exceptionally lazy and didn't want to reset constantly.

I probably won't use it super competitively anyway, and for the PWT it does its job well (Helping hander that can avoid Earthquake and snipe people with Dragon Pulse.)
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#7warnerbroman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:48:07 PM
Thanks I did a leap of faith and saved on the last step.
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?