This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do the protagonists have official names? (spoilers)

#1mustardpi314Posted 1/18/2013 11:29:28 AM
(white 2)
i just finished the whole deal with Ghetsis and Kyurem-White and N. Ghetsis and N always seemed to refer to the W1 protagonist as "a certain trainer."
i'm about to go to the elite four, and i'm just curious if the protagonists in the games have canon names. i know the trainer in Blue was supposed to be named Red, but beyond that i have no idea.
---
Heh heh... the wind... it is... blowing...
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#2GastroFanPosted 1/18/2013 11:38:05 AM
mustardpi314 posted...
(white 2)
i just finished the whole deal with Ghetsis and Kyurem-White and N. Ghetsis and N always seemed to refer to the W1 protagonist as "a certain trainer."
i'm about to go to the elite four, and i'm just curious if the protagonists in the games have canon names. i know the trainer in Blue was supposed to be named Red, but beyond that i have no idea.

The protagonist that N and Ghetsis call 'a certain trainer' ingame is whatever name you used to beat the game in B/W1. When you reach a certain point after you beat the E4 the first time, N and the other in game characters will tell you the name.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board
#3ssj_duelistPosted 1/18/2013 11:46:49 AM
Yes it's Hilda/Hilbert. There is no canon trainer though so that don't specifially refer to the trainer as Hilda or Hilbert.
#4Blingya25Posted 1/18/2013 12:13:27 PM
Yeah, it's too bad both Hilbert/Hilda came and gone just like that. They turn out to be one of my favorite MCs of Pokemon, right there with Brendon/May (oh the friendship rivalry ^^).

Maybe one of these Pokemon days, one of the Gen's New MC will face off the MCs of B/W and depending on the version, will have the correct Dragon.

:D

We all can wish/dream!

:D
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)