This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay, my review was accepted.

#1KingTaurosPosted 1/19/2013 1:40:34 PM
Finally there is a review on this site that accurately portrays the opinion of true Pokemon fans.
#2Reyman500Posted 1/19/2013 1:43:25 PM
Saving a singular pokemon,huh? >_> ok.
---
Poliwag hax shttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle7716029
*OFFICIAL DOWN SYNDROME OF X/Y BOARDS*
#3SilverwyrmPosted 1/19/2013 1:46:50 PM
so your opinion is it isn't as good, and since that's your opinion, only true pokefans share it and the rest are fakes?
#4MugilokoPosted 1/19/2013 1:50:59 PM
YAY!!!!! =D
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5KingTauros(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:12:19 PM
Reyman500 posted...
Saving a singular pokemon,huh? >_> ok.

Have you even played this game? That is exactly what the plot is.

Silverwyrm posted...
so your opinion is it isn't as good, and since that's your opinion, only true pokefans share it and the rest are fakes?

It isn't my opinion, it is the opinion of true Pokemon fans. However, I am the only true Pokemon fan that posts on this site, so I will speak for them here.

Mugiloko posted...
YAY!!!!! =D

:D
#6BirdPwNz100Posted 1/19/2013 2:40:30 PM
i dont care
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#7DKU_ArichPosted 1/19/2013 2:44:30 PM
I was originally going to brush this review off apathetically but then I saw your snarky little comment about your opinion is that of "true" Pokemon fans. I'm not sure if you're trolling (if so, 8/10) but quite frankly I find that statement insulting to not only myself, but to the countless amount of people who do enjoy playing this game.

As I'm sure most of you have noticed, Pokemon games have been decreasing in overall quality

As someone who started out with Gen I, I haven't noticed. If anything the newer generations are less of a chore to play than the glitchy mess that was Gen I (for the record I started out with Gen I; I just don't have tainted nostalgia goggles on like you very clearly do).

I will try to remain as unbiased as possible while writing this review.

You certainly didn't do a good job given comments like:

1. "Didn't have to deal with that garbage back in the day, you could run if you wanted to."
2. "I personally like the older games better, but that's just me."
3. "However, I did not like the general route music, and found myself mostly listening to music from the first generation of Pokemon."
4. "I would have preferred if it looked more like the first generation of Pokemon, which had very interesting back sprites to look at."
5. "There are a lot of legendary Pokemon that you can catch after beating the Elite Four, but of course they are the newer, inferior legendary Pokemon such as the Regis, Heatran, and Cresselia."
6. "Doesn't have the re-playability that the first generation had"

(replayability? you mean going to the Unknown Dungeon and catching Mewtwo? Because I honestly don't see ANY replayability in R/B/Y)

However, I didn't want to be biased, and I think that I made that clear throughout.

You definitely didn't make it clear at all. If you don't want to be biased, judge a game on an individual basis. There's no reason to compare it to the earlier games.
#8Mariofan15Posted 1/19/2013 2:46:12 PM
I was originally going to brush this review off apathetically but then I saw your snarky little comment about your opinion is that of "true" Pokemon fans. I'm not sure if you're trolling (if so, 8/10) but quite frankly I find that statement insulting to not only myself, but to the countless amount of people who do enjoy playing this game.

As I'm sure most of you have noticed, Pokemon games have been decreasing in overall quality

As someone who started out with Gen I, I haven't noticed. If anything the newer generations are less of a chore to play than the glitchy mess that was Gen I (for the record I started out with Gen I; I just don't have tainted nostalgia goggles on like you very clearly do).

I will try to remain as unbiased as possible while writing this review.

You certainly didn't do a good job given comments like:

1. "Didn't have to deal with that garbage back in the day, you could run if you wanted to."
2. "I personally like the older games better, but that's just me."
3. "However, I did not like the general route music, and found myself mostly listening to music from the first generation of Pokemon."
4. "I would have preferred if it looked more like the first generation of Pokemon, which had very interesting back sprites to look at."
5. "There are a lot of legendary Pokemon that you can catch after beating the Elite Four, but of course they are the newer, inferior legendary Pokemon such as the Regis, Heatran, and Cresselia."
6. "Doesn't have the re-playability that the first generation had"

(replayability? you mean going to the Unknown Dungeon and catching Mewtwo? Because I honestly don't see ANY replayability in R/B/Y)

However, I didn't want to be biased, and I think that I made that clear throughout.

You definitely didn't make it clear at all. If you don't want to be biased, judge a game on an individual basis. There's no reason to compare it to the earlier games.

KingTauros is known as a troll. Dont take anything he says seriously.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#9MugilokoPosted 1/19/2013 2:46:47 PM
I wonder how long it will take to delete his review again.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#10DKU_ArichPosted 1/19/2013 2:47:06 PM
Yeah, hence why I give him an 8/10 for effort. I'm not really that mad :P