This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the longest you've ever spent looking for a Pokemon?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What's the longest you've ever spent looking for a Pokemon?
2 years ago#21
I don't remember, but it had to involve Chansey in the Kanto games.
---
Fry: Attention New New Yorkers: stop acting so stupid!
2 years ago#22
Oh right, I never actually answered the question.

I assume waiting for events to be released or going through hell and back for stuff like Colosseum Ho-oh doesn't really count as "looking", so the only possible answer is Munchlax. Seriously, screw that thing so hard. It took me over a year to finally find one, and while I wasn't actively searching that entire time, I did go through at least two months of checking every honey tree in the game multiple times a day.

For those not aware, Munchlax is a 1% encounter rate on the honey trees in D/P/Pt. So basically, you put honey on the tree, come back 6 hours later, and then check for a Pokemon. Even this on its own wouldn't be that bad, but Munchlax only appears on 4 out of the 21 trees in the game, and it's basically random which ones it decides to inhabit. Yes, there is a calculator, but I wasn't aware of this while I was looking for it.

If anyone ever complains about Feebas, they either never bothered looking for Munchlax, or they got insanely lucky with it.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
2 years ago#23
BikdipOnABus posted...
Oh right, I never actually answered the question.

The only possible answer is Munchlax. Seriously, screw that thing so hard. It took me over a year to finally find one, and while I wasn't actively searching that entire time, I did go through at least two months of checking every honey tree in the game multiple times a day.

For those not aware, Munchlax is a 1% encounter rate on the honey trees in D/P/Pt. So basically, you put honey on the tree, come back 6 hours later, and then check for a Pokemon. Even this on its own wouldn't be that bad, but Munchlax only appears on 4 out of the 21 trees in the game, and it's basically random which ones it decides to inhabit. Yes, there is a calculator, but I wasn't aware of this while I was looking for it.

If anyone ever complains about Feebas, they either never bothered looking for Munchlax, or they got insanely lucky with it.

Oh how I understand that. Feebas was the bane of my existence in Sapphire... when I finally hooked one in Emerald, I'm positive you could hear FF Victory Fanfare on Mars. Munchlax... I never did find one, so I finally got one from breeding Snorlax in HG.
---
PKMN Black FC: 2237 3659 0319
PKMN White 2 FC: 3483 1590 5503
2 years ago#24
DKU_Arich posted...
Yes sir. Something about belongingness (all Pokes untouched, caught at the same place, etc.) genuinely sits well with me so I would've continued 'til I got Dragonite.

It does sound strange but eh, it's whatever. I wouldn't endorse this type of behavior but I'm happy playing the game this way :P

This really hurts my head. Go outside. There is a whole world out there where "belongingness" as you call it, would actually matter. >_>
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
2 years ago#25
Still looking for hidden grotto vulpix and dragonite lol
---
Haiii Guise
2 years ago#26
Go-Busters95 posted...
2 hours for a Drilbur in Black and 2 hours for a Eevee in Black 2.

Lol you can get a DW eevee by talking to Fennel in castelia city. xD
---
3DS friend code: 3523-2564-9981
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 3096-5896-7237
2 years ago#27
theject posted...
This really hurts my head. Go outside. There is a whole world out there where "belongingness" as you call it, would actually matter. >_>

I do "go outside" as you put it; I just find joy in playing Pokemon whenever I'm not busy (which has been the case in the last two days). In general I leave videogames alone for months.
2 years ago#28
Usually I try to obtain either a legendary (which is more the hassle of walking up to their sprite) or a Pokemon I plan on using on my team (which takes less than 20 minutes to find).
---
http://i.imgur.com/5tCxD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/am6GE.jpg
2 years ago#29
I don't remember how long it took, but I was looking for a male Jigglypuff. (Why male? Because it's rarer.) And when I finally do find one, it's shiny!
2 years ago#30
Looking for feebas in ruby people who tried that to know how tedious that is since it only appear in 6 random tiles on that route
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What's the longest you've ever spent looking for a Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived