This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the longest you've ever spent looking for a Pokemon?

#21Two-FacePosted 1/20/2013 8:22:34 PM
I don't remember, but it had to involve Chansey in the Kanto games.
---
Fry: Attention New New Yorkers: stop acting so stupid!
#22BikdipOnABusPosted 1/20/2013 8:32:32 PM
Oh right, I never actually answered the question.

I assume waiting for events to be released or going through hell and back for stuff like Colosseum Ho-oh doesn't really count as "looking", so the only possible answer is Munchlax. Seriously, screw that thing so hard. It took me over a year to finally find one, and while I wasn't actively searching that entire time, I did go through at least two months of checking every honey tree in the game multiple times a day.

For those not aware, Munchlax is a 1% encounter rate on the honey trees in D/P/Pt. So basically, you put honey on the tree, come back 6 hours later, and then check for a Pokemon. Even this on its own wouldn't be that bad, but Munchlax only appears on 4 out of the 21 trees in the game, and it's basically random which ones it decides to inhabit. Yes, there is a calculator, but I wasn't aware of this while I was looking for it.

If anyone ever complains about Feebas, they either never bothered looking for Munchlax, or they got insanely lucky with it.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#23hotrodneptune32Posted 1/20/2013 8:40:20 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
Oh right, I never actually answered the question.

The only possible answer is Munchlax. Seriously, screw that thing so hard. It took me over a year to finally find one, and while I wasn't actively searching that entire time, I did go through at least two months of checking every honey tree in the game multiple times a day.

For those not aware, Munchlax is a 1% encounter rate on the honey trees in D/P/Pt. So basically, you put honey on the tree, come back 6 hours later, and then check for a Pokemon. Even this on its own wouldn't be that bad, but Munchlax only appears on 4 out of the 21 trees in the game, and it's basically random which ones it decides to inhabit. Yes, there is a calculator, but I wasn't aware of this while I was looking for it.

If anyone ever complains about Feebas, they either never bothered looking for Munchlax, or they got insanely lucky with it.

Oh how I understand that. Feebas was the bane of my existence in Sapphire... when I finally hooked one in Emerald, I'm positive you could hear FF Victory Fanfare on Mars. Munchlax... I never did find one, so I finally got one from breeding Snorlax in HG.
---
PKMN Black FC: 2237 3659 0319
PKMN White 2 FC: 3483 1590 5503
#24thejectPosted 1/21/2013 12:10:48 AM
DKU_Arich posted...
Yes sir. Something about belongingness (all Pokes untouched, caught at the same place, etc.) genuinely sits well with me so I would've continued 'til I got Dragonite.

It does sound strange but eh, it's whatever. I wouldn't endorse this type of behavior but I'm happy playing the game this way :P

This really hurts my head. Go outside. There is a whole world out there where "belongingness" as you call it, would actually matter. >_>
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#25black_turkeyPosted 1/21/2013 12:16:35 AM
Still looking for hidden grotto vulpix and dragonite lol
---
Haiii Guise
#26blueman164Posted 1/21/2013 1:01:45 AM
Go-Busters95 posted...
2 hours for a Drilbur in Black and 2 hours for a Eevee in Black 2.

Lol you can get a DW eevee by talking to Fennel in castelia city. xD
---
3DS friend code: 3523-2564-9981
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 3096-5896-7237
#27DKU_Arich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:54:25 AM
theject posted...
This really hurts my head. Go outside. There is a whole world out there where "belongingness" as you call it, would actually matter. >_>

I do "go outside" as you put it; I just find joy in playing Pokemon whenever I'm not busy (which has been the case in the last two days). In general I leave videogames alone for months.
#28jtmore15Posted 1/21/2013 4:04:40 AM
Usually I try to obtain either a legendary (which is more the hassle of walking up to their sprite) or a Pokemon I plan on using on my team (which takes less than 20 minutes to find).
---
http://i.imgur.com/5tCxD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/am6GE.jpg
#29BlinxheroPosted 1/21/2013 4:13:10 AM
I don't remember how long it took, but I was looking for a male Jigglypuff. (Why male? Because it's rarer.) And when I finally do find one, it's shiny!
#30Ansem_the_evilPosted 1/21/2013 4:39:00 AM
Looking for feebas in ruby people who tried that to know how tedious that is since it only appear in 6 random tiles on that route
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950