This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the longest you've ever spent looking for a Pokemon?

#41GlitterGunsPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:54 AM
Lickitung posted...
About two hours looking for a Chimecho in Ruby.

Took me six hours. I was so relieved when it was female (for breeding purposes).
#42WizardofHothPosted 1/22/2013 1:24:22 PM
The only pokemon that's giving me a headache right now is trying to find a Dunsparce. Never encountered one when Serebii.net says you can find out in the grass at that one farm area or whatever. Any Dunsparce. Never do find out in my game while I can find other pokemon like Sunkerns, Lillipups, psyducks and whatever else up to the Chargestone electric cave.

I think Game Freak and Nintendo never even put in Dunsparces in the game at all. Punking us is what they did since day 1
#43AlBeerBuzzPosted 1/22/2013 1:48:34 PM
I have a Dunsparce if you want to trade
#44DKU_Arich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:00:06 PM
You can find Dunsparce on Route 1 for sure. I found a bunch while trying to find high-leveled Audinos.
#45WizardofHothPosted 1/22/2013 4:46:26 PM
What town or city is next to Route 1? I'm not that far in the game though. I just got done with that Pokemon Tournament and fought some Team Plasma members at this disguised boat ship.

Right now Im trying to use some pokemon that have Strength and Flash so I can go through this mountain.
#46DKU_Arich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:58:38 PM
Oh, you won't be there for a while then (Route 1 is post-Elite Four).

I also lol'd at "this disguised boat ship" -- that's exactly how I described it to my buddy when I was at that part.
#47tadashii18Posted 1/22/2013 6:01:33 PM
A whole night just looking for a female Eevee in Castelia City -.-
---
"Only fools believe in the goddess' ways." Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#48GastroFanPosted 1/22/2013 6:03:05 PM
The pokemon I'm having the hardest time finding are in the hidden grottos: female DW Cubchoo, female DW Minccino, female DW Muk (route 9 grotto), and a female DW Herdier (only found males so far). I requested a DW Ditto from the trade boards because I have yet to find one in the grotto in Giant Chasm and was getting too fustrated (been looking ever since I reached Giant Chasm in White 2; it's been over six months now).

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board
#49GastroFanPosted 1/22/2013 6:04:45 PM
DKU_Arich posted...
For me it's definitely Dragonite in Black 2. 1% chance, fishing in rippling water outside Dragonspiral Tower.... I've fished probably 500 times combined and no Dragonite.

Did you check the hidden grotto on Route 18? There's a chance of finding one there as well.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board
#50DKU_Arich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:13:40 PM(edited)
^ no I didn't.

This is probably going to sound stupid but I decided I'd catch one of everything possible in this game. I cleared out that one forest, then the Floccesy Ranch, and then I think a few other areas like Reversal Mountain. I figured I'd go to Dragonspiral Tower because why not?

I'm still looking for the Unfezant a few days later. Sucks because I oftentimes go through several Super Repels without seeing shaky grass (and when I do it's almost 100% guaranteed to be an Audino). If there was a way to cause shaky grass to appear WITHOUT actually running on said grass it wouldn't be too terribly difficult/time-consuming.

Edit: by "the Unfezant," I initially caught everything in the grass except this guy but opted from searching when I figured out a way to cause rippling water to appear within reach without directly using Repels :P