This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so great about Eevee and the evolutions of it?

#1WizardofHothPosted 1/24/2013 12:00:35 AM
This has been bugging me for years.

What's so great abut the Eevee pokemon and the different evolutions depending on what stone you use like an ice stone or fire stone or whatever.

Just what's so great about the wole Eevee pokemon obsession anyway?
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/24/2013 12:06:03 AM(edited)
Eevee's just a popular Pokemon, and because its popularity, it and its evolutions get a lot of promotion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#3King-gamerPosted 1/24/2013 12:15:06 AM
Because Gary M****** Oak got an (awesome) Eevee and you got a crappy starter in Pokemon Yellow.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#4elite_marksmanPosted 1/24/2013 12:51:55 AM
Eevee was pretty unique back in the day. Still is, really.

As for why people are obsessed with it, who knows? Why did Pikachu of all pokemon become the mascot for the entire franchise?

It's evolutions are pretty good though. Half of them anyways. Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Espeon are nice. Umbreon is a decent tank. Flareon would be good if it would get some decent moves.

Most people agree that Glaceon and Leafeon are pretty mediocre though.
#5TowerBooks3192Posted 1/24/2013 12:55:04 AM
Because Espeon and Umbreon almost made me crap when I saw them in GSC about 12-13 years ago
---
"Once you go Marcus Munitions, you never go back us munitions"
#6Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/24/2013 1:03:20 AM
Flareon would be good if it would get some decent moves and had its stats changed.

Fix'd.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#7Crimson_SpiderPosted 1/24/2013 2:15:28 AM
I wouldn't call it an obsession, but I can see the appeal:

#1: Eevee is cute.

#2: It is quite rare in earlier games, often giving only one or two Eevee throughout the whole game. This made Eevee's evolution one of those pokes that identified what you liked and didn't like, and set you apart from other players. it was kind of cool in that respect.

#3: The eevee were quite strong back then, and even today they pack a punch. 3 of those evolutions (Jolteon, Espeon, Vaporeon) are on Smogon's OU list, and for good reason, too.

#4: There is enough of them to make a gimmick team.
---
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.
#8EnragedArcaninePosted 1/24/2013 2:27:59 AM
because regardless of which evolution you choose for your eevee it is always a great pokemon. however, jolteon, espeon, vaporeon and even umbreon are among the best to choose depending on your preference for a team.

Vaporeon is just beastly with it's Health and then Sp. Atk

Espeon has amazing Sp. Atk and then Speed

Jolteon is speedy as all hell and has great Sp. Atk to support it

Umbreon has a knack for walling almost every attack coming its way

Leafeon tries being Physically defensive while boasting physical attack too, yet it's a grass type

Glaceon is a weaker form of Vaporeon, but favors Sp. Def over health

And Flareon takes the biscuit with tremendous Phys. Atk, and great Sp. Def, yet most of it's moves for it's typing are special based at best with fire fang and flame wheel being an exception and it refuses tp learn falre blitz which has made many players rage quite a bit. Gen 1-3 it really did stink as an eeveelution and only got slightly better over time
#9CharizardFirePosted 1/24/2013 8:42:36 AM
Because Gary M****** Oak got an (awesome) Eevee and you got a crappy starter in Pokemon Yellow.

You know what's ironic?

That Eevee was meant for you.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.