This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I swear they made the old Pokemon in this game weak on purpose

#1Grand_BluePosted 1/25/2013 6:33:28 PM
to promote the Unova ones. I'm at Castelia City and I have Servine, Psyduck, and Koffing. Servine is fine, but Psyduck could be stronger, and Koffing always does terrible. Until it learned Clear Smog (weak move), its only poison move was Smog (crappy move with 20 power and 70 accuracy) but at least it knows Assurance. Thank God Psyduck just learned Water Pulse, it's getting stronger.

Conclusion: they are still promoting Unova Pokemon and they encourage and want everyone to use Unova Pokemon, so they purposefully nerf the older ones to make the Unova ones more appealing to use. I kicked butt in White 1 with all my Unova Pokemon since they were literally overpowered, but this game definitely hates gen 1 fans.
#2LightningAce11Posted 1/25/2013 6:36:58 PM
Psyduck is weak anyways. Koffing is meant to be a defensive pokemon. Servine is evolved and thus is stronger.

There are stronger water types and poison types than the ones you chose you know. Stop dissing good pokemon.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/25/2013 6:38:37 PM
Magnemite breaks the game though. And Sandshrew is one of the best options for Elesa.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4NickTheBlitzPosted 1/25/2013 6:39:14 PM
Why do you only have 3 Pokemon by Castelia? Nuzlocke?
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
Check out my webcomic! http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode
#5Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:40:28 PM(edited)
Psyduck and Koffing were available at the beginning of the game, and I've never used those Pokemon before so I would like to enjoy the game with them, not an overpowered Unova Pokemon.

Above poster: I'm saving up for Klink (want one) and other old Pokemon I've never trained that I know are in this game like Absol and Lunatone.
#6DaemonscharmPosted 1/25/2013 6:40:28 PM
Gengar and Alakazam
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#7DemiseEndPosted 1/25/2013 6:48:35 PM
Eevee
Heracross
Azu
Magnemite
Zubat
Growlithe

Nope, you just happen to pick one that is "bad"(not to mention Weezing still has its BS TM movepool in a game where getting money is piss easy thanks to Pokestar and TM is infinitely reusable)

Considering that the big name of Unova are catchable during the time Heracross is catchable....

Like seriously, the only good in game that are native from Unova are like..... the dessert. Thats only like 3/6 or 4/6 of a team
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#8DaemonscharmPosted 1/25/2013 7:02:21 PM
Like seriously, the only good in game that are native from Unova are like..... the dessert. Thats only like 3/6 or 4/6 of a team

I'm assuming you mean Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilyph and Yamask?

Which would leave Sawk, Throh, the Timburr line as the remaining Unova beast modes?
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#9yzmanPosted 1/25/2013 7:02:23 PM
They haven't nerfed any pokes, most of the new ones are terrible. My team was

magneton
serperior
lucario
flygon
jellicent
braviary

Definitely not all new ones and the old ones were the best on the team...
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#10infinitexxPosted 1/25/2013 7:33:16 PM
Yeah, having that Riolu/Lucario before the first gym is pretty weak :P
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1