This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I swear they made the old Pokemon in this game weak on purpose

#11kuwab0Posted 1/25/2013 8:40:17 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
Eevee
Heracross
Azu
Magnemite
Zubat
Growlithe

Nope, you just happen to pick one that is "bad"(not to mention Weezing still has its BS TM movepool in a game where getting money is piss easy thanks to Pokestar and TM is infinitely reusable)

Considering that the big name of Unova are catchable during the time Heracross is catchable....

Like seriously, the only good in game that are native from Unova are like..... the dessert. Thats only like 3/6 or 4/6 of a team

How is Weezing good ingame when the tm's he can use are late game?
#12DemiseEndPosted 1/25/2013 9:06:35 PM
I never said that Weezing is actualy good
Although Return is sufficient for many pokemon in-game, so... It MIGHT helps

"I'm assuming you mean Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilyph and Yamask?

Which would leave Sawk, Throh, the Timburr line as the remaining Unova beast modes?"

Sandile, Scraggy, Sygiliph a maybe, Darumaka

Sawk and Throh are late arrival(admitably I actualy forgot about them)
Timburr needs trade
I forgot about Liligant which needs its Evo Stone and a Heart Scale one town later

But then again this is not an in game tier list topic....
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#13ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/25/2013 9:26:51 PM
Gen 1 Pokemon definitely haven't changed from what I noticed. You're comparing Pokemon that weren't all that strong to begin with even in the original Red/Blue to a starter in its second form. That's not a fair comparison. I never used Koffing/Weezing nor Psyduck/Golduck in any of the games I've played.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
#14FlyingPotatoePosted 1/25/2013 9:52:46 PM
I wish Tauros was still the beast he used to be... He was my favorite :(
---
:D.... :/.... D:... D':
#15King-gamerPosted 1/25/2013 10:16:18 PM
Gen one Pokemon weren't made "weak". The new ones just happen to have their stats distributed in all the right places. Few have great stat distributions since gen 1, Starmie and Gengar. Thanks to that speed they can still remain useful.

The only way the old gen Pokemon can be saved is have their stats redistributed. All the new gen Pokes just hit way harder than before. Conkledurr out damages Machamp, Boufallant outdamages Tauros. Machamp at least has DynamicPunch to go with so he still has his niche. If only he kept that Fissure from gen 1....
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#16DemiseEndPosted 1/25/2013 10:24:46 PM
"Conkledurr out damages Machamp"

Not.... Exactly true when you considered that Conkeldurr usually uses Drain Punch

Its actualy WEAKER than even Lucario most of the time

But overall your post is accurate

Look at Pidgeot, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, etc

Some of pokemon who, with proper stats distribution would be much better than they are now

Pidgeot can Hurri Spam
Nidoking and Queen is more justified since they were a mixed attacker, but giving them more SpA, Speed, and Defenses to work with instead of their 90 average stats will do wonder
Lapras needs some speed and better typing

Gen 5 has imbalanced spread, but its overall better than gen 1, let alone gen 2
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#17wutzgoodPosted 1/26/2013 12:37:47 AM
Most of the old pokes got great dw abilities to boost them. Nidoking with sheer force is amazing. It doesn't need it's stats boosted.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#18_SiTro_Posted 1/26/2013 10:26:12 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Like seriously, the only good in game that are native from Unova are like..... the dessert. Thats only like 3/6 or 4/6 of a team

Seriously, I can think of plenty of better Unova pokemon than the Vanilluxe line.
#19Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/26/2013 10:32:39 AM
They didn't nerf the old Pokemon, the new ones just have better stats.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#20Philosopher08Posted 1/26/2013 10:45:27 AM
Wtf I breezed through the beginning of the game with Magnemite, Growlithe, Lucario and Heracross.
---
Black 2 FC 2667-1236-2756
XBL/PSN - Ph1l0z0ph3r