This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One big mistake I made for the VGC

#11DarkBlueAntPosted 1/26/2013 4:24:14 PM
Plasma EXE posted...
DarkBlueAnt posted...
If you played Random Battle more often, you'd know that people don't obey those rules.

Honestly, Doubles is a pretty crappy format and I really wish they would use Triples. In Triples there's more strategy, less determined by randomness, and more ways to get around abusive tactics. If someone manages to put your whole team to sleep in Triples, they deserve a round of applause.

Terrakion + beat-up is even worse in triples (+6 attack boost is incredibly OP). You can set it up easier with wide-guard or even use follow me. And rock-slide has a better chance of missing at least one other pokemon. It's more chaotic, but not in a good way.

I've beaten it multiple times. On the first turn I do Reflect (or Wide Guard), Tailwind, and kill the Follow Me (Always Sentret or Hoppip) guy while they set up the Terrakion.

In other words, they set up a beast and lose one guy, but I set up Reflect and Tailwind. It's a fair trade.
#12InfamousCarlPosted 1/26/2013 5:09:56 PM
I hear you TC. I know the rules before entering these, but after a few matches it still makes me appreciate those clauses.

Lost a match today due to an opponents quick claw activating twice in a row! Thought it was the battle subway, lol.
#13wutzgoodPosted 1/26/2013 11:22:03 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Plasma EXE posted...
DarkBlueAnt posted...
If you played Random Battle more often, you'd know that people don't obey those rules.

Honestly, Doubles is a pretty crappy format and I really wish they would use Triples. In Triples there's more strategy, less determined by randomness, and more ways to get around abusive tactics. If someone manages to put your whole team to sleep in Triples, they deserve a round of applause.

Terrakion + beat-up is even worse in triples (+6 attack boost is incredibly OP). You can set it up easier with wide-guard or even use follow me. And rock-slide has a better chance of missing at least one other pokemon. It's more chaotic, but not in a good way.

I've beaten it multiple times. On the first turn I do Reflect (or Wide Guard), Tailwind, and kill the Follow Me (Always Sentret or Hoppip) guy while they set up the Terrakion.

In other words, they set up a beast and lose one guy, but I set up Reflect and Tailwind. It's a fair trade.

Yeah it's pretty easy to stop beat up terrakion. Personally I use a quash Murkrow and make the beat up poke go last so terrakion won't get the boost till next turn. Then I haze his stats away next turn.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#14CaomiausPosted 1/27/2013 2:08:36 AM
ColtCababa posted...
You should've just went Seto Kaiba and screwed the rules.

Does TC have money though?
---
Your screams are like music to my audio receptors!