Moving Pokemon from the GBA games to B2/W2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Moving Pokemon from the GBA games to B2/W2

User Info: digiblaster

digiblaster
3 years ago#1
I made the mistake of selling my copies of Diamond and Platinum some time ago, and I haven't bought Heart Gold/Soul Silver (though I do intend to soon). From what I've been able to ascertain, the only means of moving from Gen III to Gen V is to use a Gen IV game as a go-between; would I be correct with this?

It's also worth pointing out that I have one DS Lite and one 3DS - will I still be able to make the transfers with those?

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 years ago#2
Yes.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: digiblaster

digiblaster
3 years ago#3
One other question - since I'll be trying to complete the Pokedex in Black 2, I'm going to need all of the starters. Can Pal Park be used in Heart Gold/Soul Silver with a GBA game that's just started? If I'd have to complete the Emerald three times to get them across then it doesn't seem worth it.

User Info: Tygore001

Tygore001
3 years ago#4
I want to say that Pal Park works as long as you have 6 eligible Pokémon in your box. Game progress doesn't matter.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3010 5906 4214
3DS FC: 4511-0471-8035

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
3 years ago#5
If you have Emerald don't forget to clone your Pokemon for you know, the sake of having your awesome Pokemon in multiple games/trade fodder.
Currently playing: DragonQuest IV Chapters of the Choosen(DS), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN), Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)

User Info: _Taidow_

_Taidow_
3 years ago#6
Yeah get HG/SS they don't have the silly 6 pokemon per 24 hours rule when transfering via Pal Park.
"The answer to a question I never asked."

User Info: JustinBoo

JustinBoo
3 years ago#7
Tygore001 posted...
I want to say that Pal Park works as long as you have 6 eligible Pokémon in your box. Game progress doesn't matter.

This is true. I transferred Pokemon from my LeafGreen with only 19 minutes played into it.
|PSN: Shenjii|
If my posts are a wall of text, it's because I'm on my phone. :)

User Info: Hozu

Hozu
3 years ago#8
_Taidow_ posted...
Yeah get HG/SS they don't have the silly 6 pokemon per 24 hours rule when transfering via Pal Park.

If you have two GBA Pokemon games you can get around that fairly easily.
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Moving Pokemon from the GBA games to B2/W2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived