This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I bother getting shiny legendaries?

#1CWtennisPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:40 AM
Hey guys. I'm a pretty experienced RNG'er with BW1 RNG'ing several shiny flawless mons and all of the shiny legendaries in Black. I'm tempted to do the same again in Black 2 although I have already RNG'd shiny Musketeers, Kyurem, and Regis (emerald).

Because of that, I'm not dying with excitement to RNG these guys again but I'd be less entertained should they not be shiny. The thing preventing me, however, are the 5-10 Timer0's you can get in BW2.

My question is, for those who have just gone for shiny RNG's in BW2, is it worth the hastle? About how long does a simple shiny (disregard IV's and Nature) take for you usually?
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#2joejones6Posted 1/27/2013 8:09:55 AM
CWtennis posted...
Hey guys. I'm a pretty experienced RNG'er with BW1 RNG'ing several shiny flawless mons and all of the shiny legendaries in Black. I'm tempted to do the same again in Black 2 although I have already RNG'd shiny Musketeers, Kyurem, and Regis (emerald).

Because of that, I'm not dying with excitement to RNG these guys again but I'd be less entertained should they not be shiny. The thing preventing me, however, are the 5-10 Timer0's you can get in BW2.

My question is, for those who have just gone for shiny RNG's in BW2, is it worth the hastle? About how long does a simple shiny (disregard IV's and Nature) take for you usually?

Ive done shiny RNG'ing in both games.
The timer can troll you at times but you just have to be patient.
The only time the timer trolling will get hectic is when you are RNG'ing in a place with wandering NPC's. I usually dont bother with shininess there.
But for example, in a place like where you get regirock, shiny flawless pokemon are not hard to get at all. the lack of npcs just make it quicker.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 9791 0983
#3CWtennis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:41:26 PM
Well the thing is NPC's affect PIDRNG and they affect it mildly consistently (although with fluctuating Timer0's it's a huge pain) only problem is I REALLY want to get the shiny elves as those are some of the few legendaries I've never shiny RNG'd and I'm quite confident there are NPC's with 2 of them.

Is there a consistent way to hit a specific Timer0 or is it literally totally random?
---
#4joejones6Posted 1/27/2013 4:51:47 PM
the only elf that i did shiny was mesprit cause there were no npcs.
the rest would be tough... but it is really doable if u have patience.

and yes literally its random.
some times u wont notice it... like i got my shiny latios and cress in 2 tries.
some take a whooooole lot longer.
once u confirm your starting frame it makes it easier.
cause then u can just start your game and do your chatters untill the frame
and keep repeating that till its shiny.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 9791 0983
#5CWtennis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:09:17 PM
AFAIK when you hit a dead on frame the NPC movements aren't actually 'random' and they'll repeat the same exact path meaning that if you consistently hit the same frame that contains the shiny you're looking for, the NPC's will always advance a set number as long as you time things consistently. Only problem is that involves hitting the single of many Timer0's. That one stupid little addition in BW2 is what completely demotivates me to RNG again.

I get frustrated enough in BW1 where you have 2 Timer0 values, god forbid there be like 10 of them...

I may just ignore the NPC ones for now and see.
---
#6FuneralCakePosted 1/27/2013 5:24:47 PM
The two timer0s in BW were a problem? Then yeah, probably don't even worry about BW2.

Personally, I don't think it's much of an issue, but if two timer0s frustrated you, BW2 will probably make you break your DS.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#7CWtennis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:23:28 PM
One Pokemon last week took me over 3 hours to get simply because I wasn't hitting my proper Timer0. I have one that's extremely consistent and I've stuck with it but there's some bad days where I continuously get the other one and it takes me forever. I just hate resetting and waiting on the clock, etc etc.
---