This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having trouble figuring out power swap

#1okay339Posted 1/28/2013 9:12:17 PM
Basically the topic title. i am having trouble grasping how the move power swap works. i understand that you and your opponent switch Attack/Sp.attack stat changes but im having difficulty figuring out the whole aspect of this move. 1. does it switch stat changes made before i use the move power swap? 2. If i use power swap then use a move that would say bring my Attack stat up two stages will my opponent get my stat increases or does it only work if my target powers up with a stat increasing move??

Thank you to anybody that can fill me in on this little question. Also to anybody that can explain me how the move power swap works in a clearer description please feel free to do so
#2Oblivion_HeroPosted 1/28/2013 9:16:15 PM
Bulbapedia description:
Power Swap switches any changes to the user's Attack stat and Special Attack stat with any changes to the target's Attack stat and Special Attack stat. The effect of Power Swap can be Baton Passed.

Basically, any changes to the attack and special attack stat made before the move is used will be switched to the opponent, and you get their changes. For example,

Turn 1: Ninetales used overheat to kill a Ferrothorn, drops to -2 special attack. Opponent switches in Alakazam.

Turn 2: Alakazam uses calm mind, so it's at +1 special attack and +1 special defense. Ninetales uses power swap to trade the stat changes. Ninetales is now +1 special attack, Alakazam is now -2 special attack, but stays at +1 special defense.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#3Oblivion_HeroPosted 1/28/2013 9:19:11 PM
Also, if only one pokemon has stat changes, then power swap can still be used. Ninetales can run overheat to drop to -2 special attack, and then power swap its reduced attacking stat to the opponent to get itself back to neutral special attack without switching out. Conversely, if you were at +2 and the opponent was at neutral, using power swap would give them your bonus and bring you back to neutral.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#4okay339(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:23:19 PM
Thanks that was by far the easiest, most clear explaination ive heard so far. i can finally use itnd understand whts goin on