This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFS Gamefreak, why can't I have a little fun? [Help]

#1VycoulPosted 1/29/2013 8:14:30 PM
I've been trying to hack a Growlithe that only knows Metronome to spice up a run though Soul Silver.

I started out by giving it Metromone in all four move-slots. Turns out they all use the same PP pool. If I use Metronome in the first slot, then use it again in the second slot, it takes away the PP from the first slot again. And if it goes down to 0, I'm stuck and can't even use Struggle.

Then I though the solution would be to just give it 64 PP, but I found out that going to the Pokemon center doesn't restore the PP unless it's below 16. And even then, it only raises it back up to... you guessed it, 16. >.> I figure this is because it's PP is listed as 64/16.

The reason I'm resorting to hacking is because Metronome's max PP of 16 is pathetic. And only using it though the whole game would be a total pain.

Is there no way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Before I get flamed by some crazy, I know this isn't really Gamefreak's fault)
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#2ZarethKnyghtPosted 1/29/2013 8:16:57 PM
Carry lots and lots of Ethers.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
#3SilverwyrmPosted 1/29/2013 8:17:39 PM
that actually sounds amusing, maybe make a team of metronomers? Isnt there a way with AR to divy up exp?
---
pokemon white friend code: 5029-3555-0823
#4SilverwyrmPosted 1/29/2013 8:17:57 PM
ZarethKnyght posted...

or hack a lot of ethers
---
pokemon white friend code: 5029-3555-0823
#5Vycoul(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:21:20 PM
Silverwyrm posted...
ZarethKnyght posted...

or hack a lot of ethers

Hmm. This would fix my problem. But I'm not actually the one doing the hacking. My friend is.
He's sending me these Pokemon over trade, we don't live near each other.

I should have thought of this though. Maybe I'll invest in an AR. That way I could use that Random Encounter code too. ^^
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth