This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese WiFi Competition - Kanto Cup

#1Serebii from SPPPosted 1/31/2013 10:10:45 PM
Another new WiFi Competition has been announced for all Japanese Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 players. This tournament, the Kanto Cup is to run in February. Registration opens up on February 15th through to the end of February 22nd while the competition runs from February 23rd to February 25th. This competition is a Single Battle competition and allows for all Kanto Pokémon only, except Mewtwo and Mew. All entrants will receive a Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise C-Gear skin for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#2FuneralCakePosted 1/31/2013 10:30:26 PM
I really hope this competition happens outside of Japan. I never got those C-Gear skins for BW (they weren't available in my area) and would like to get them at some point. Plus, the competition sounds somewhat interesting.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#3Missingno_MastrPosted 1/31/2013 10:43:50 PM
GAHHHHH

THlS NEEDS TO HAPPEN OUTSIDE OF JAPAN
---
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/weezing-alliance/pictures/59420-1.PNG
#4SooChillinPosted 1/31/2013 10:48:04 PM
God, being American does have its flaws.
This would have been fun to participate in.
#5AurawhispererPosted 1/31/2013 10:49:35 PM
Again, this needs to happen outside of Japan. I dominate upon first gen pokes
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265
#6electric_emuPosted 1/31/2013 10:49:57 PM
I would so love to play in this one. I hope they bring it outside Japan as well.
#7HozuPosted 1/31/2013 11:41:55 PM
So Japan is getting Kanto starter C-Gear skins for B/W2 now, while NA STILL hasn't got them for any games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
#8LordWinterbanePosted 2/1/2013 3:39:50 AM
I don't see why people continue to rage - it became clear ages ago that Japanese developers could not care less about the North American fan bases for their games. We keep buying them, so they really have no reason to start, either.

That being said, while I hope this happens for NA players as well, I would be in no way surprised if that never comes to pass.
#9ZarethKnyghtPosted 2/1/2013 6:20:24 AM
LordWinterbane posted...
I don't see why people continue to rage - it became clear ages ago that Japanese developers could not care less about the North American fan bases for their games. We keep buying them, so they really have no reason to start, either.

That being said, while I hope this happens for NA players as well, I would be in no way surprised if that never comes to pass.

Different company is in charge of events in NA. And they're not where near as active. For all we know, they're like Hollywood and can't get any original ideas on their own. So they sit on their rear end until Japan does something and then have a vote on whether to copy it or not. Would explain why we get less events I think.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
#10TRE Public AccountPosted 2/1/2013 11:29:42 AM
Well, it's better later than never and we are getting monthly tournaments now. Wifi tournaments for March, April and June have already been announced. We might get another unique format tournament in May like they did to fill the February gap. With any luck, this will continue into XY and we stick a bit closer to what the Japanese get.
---
SuperNiceDog was not so nice to my bracket.
Congrats to SuperNiceDog for winning the Rivalry Rumble Guru Contest!