This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One feature that these games need

#1rivettedavidPosted 2/1/2013 8:27:01 AM
I for one can't keep all the type match-ups in my head or remember the types of 600+ pokemon, especially when they have two types. Why don't they display the type of the pokemon you are fighting, more so if you have caught one or fought one before, and tell you what types are best against it or if the pokemon you have out is weak against the pokemon you are up against.
---
"Hey, Link. I understand you're the King of Pimps and every woman everywhere wants you, but if you keep this up, Zelda is going to kill you"
#2Swiftblade09Posted 2/1/2013 8:56:52 AM
It isn't that hard to memorize a pokemon's type and the type chart though
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#3The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/1/2013 8:57:15 AM
Are you new to Pokemon in general?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#4theboogsPosted 2/1/2013 8:58:22 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Are you new to Pokemon in general?

^
---
b2 friend code: 1077 8566 9093
#5cmaismePosted 2/1/2013 9:03:05 AM
I also wish they did something like this...
#6Jeffdk1Posted 2/1/2013 9:06:04 AM
I agree. It will take a crazy amount of time to memorize every single pokemon, including dual-types and evolutions etc. I'm having the same problem now since I skipped gen 2, 3 and 4. Just started with 5.
#7Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/1/2013 9:34:31 AM
I've been playing for over a decade, I still have trouble remembering some Pokemon's types. Also, for dual types its hard to work out whether they will be weak to something, neutral or resist it. This was sort of in Battle Revolution, but it only gave you a type chart rather than specific type and matchup.

An example: What types is Drapion? I came up against it earlier and I couldn't work it out. With this it would be much better.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#8SooChillinPosted 2/1/2013 9:41:18 AM
The only Pokemon that I have trouble remembering is Cradily.
Even without knowing a Pokemon's type, the design of the Pokemon is frequently an indicator to its typing.
#9syntheraPosted 2/1/2013 11:14:00 AM
I have trouble with the newer ones, but 4th gen and earlier I see "...is going to send out such and such" and I know exactly who to switch to in my party to OHKO, two hit at worst. 4th gen and earlier I always had complete type coverage on my in game team, one attack from every type to OHKO every type.

Crustle still throws me off.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#10WinabePosted 2/1/2013 11:50:15 AM
Because knowledge is what sets the beginner separate from the veteran? Why should i who have spent the time and effort learning most of the combinations be put on an equal playing field with someone who has put no effort into it? Thats like saying they should just remove EV's and IV's so everyones pokemon are equal, the problem is it means theres no reward for extra effort, when you begin your as good as your ever going to get. Not to mention it makes things like watter/ground or dark/fighting pokemon lose alot of their appeal, everyone throws out a quagsire hoping someone will try and lightning bolt it, or a scrafty hopin for a psychic attack, having to be aware of those things is what makes the trainer actually important to the outcome of the battle.