This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this an acceptable Larvitar for a Choice Scarf Tyranitar?

#1SeanmastersonPosted 2/1/2013 11:16:43 AM
IVs
31/31/15/13/24/31

Jolly nature

was wondering if it's mediocre DEF IVs are worth keeping.
---
Don't you hate when you go to wipe your butt and your fingers rip though the toilet paper? I sure do.
#2Oblivion_HeroPosted 2/1/2013 11:22:46 AM
It's certainly usable. You have the max speed and attack, so it will do it's main jobs fine, revenging, revenge trapping, and maybe netting a few surprise kills.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#3HydroDragonPosted 2/1/2013 11:23:14 AM
You could use it and not see a massive difference.

Personally I try to get high twenties in all stats (perfect in important ones) but it depends on how much time you're willing to spend. Since you have this as a parent it shouldn't take a massive amount of time.
---
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
Black 2 Friend Code:- 4342 0559 5830
#4SooChillinPosted 2/1/2013 11:25:38 AM
Yes it is. It will do fine.
#5Seanmasterson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:25:50 AM
HydroDragon posted...
You could use it and not see a massive difference.

Personally I try to get high twenties in all stats (perfect in important ones) but it depends on how much time you're willing to spend. Since you have this as a parent it shouldn't take a massive amount of time.

I have a day off today so I have sometime. Join Avenue can be so helpful with egg hatching especially with Tyranitar eggs, but sadly, I used up all my services so I have to hatch them myself. Ah well thank you.
---
Don't you hate when you go to wipe your butt and your fingers rip though the toilet paper? I sure do.
#6CWtennisPosted 2/1/2013 11:51:09 AM
Personally I prefer Adamant for CS Tyranitar just to get that extra power that Jolly lacks but I play doubles and the metagame is a bit different.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#7HydroDragonPosted 2/1/2013 12:09:23 PM
CWtennis posted...
Personally I prefer Adamant for CS Tyranitar just to get that extra power that Jolly lacks but I play doubles and the metagame is a bit different.

Yeah but then stuff like Starmie, Gengar, Latios and Latias which the set is designed to beat, as well as pokemon like Keldeo/Terrakion/Virizion/Infernape can now outspeed it. If you prefer power you should use a Choice Band.
---
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
Black 2 Friend Code:- 4342 0559 5830
#8Monster SlasherPosted 2/1/2013 12:25:55 PM
CWtennis posted...

Pretty sure the standard Scarftar in doubles is still Jolly, max speed.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#9CWtennisPosted 2/1/2013 12:45:23 PM
Monster Slasher posted...
CWtennis posted...

I've seen plenty of people use Adamant Scarf in VGC. For reasons why I said so in my OP, they prefer the power and still outspeed all major threats.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#10Monster SlasherPosted 2/1/2013 1:01:52 PM(edited)
CWtennis posted...
Monster Slasher posted...
CWtennis posted...

I've seen plenty of people use Adamant Scarf in VGC. For reasons why I said so in my OP, they prefer the power and still outspeed all major threats.

Latios, Thundurus, Terrakion, ScarfAboma with speed investment all outspeed Adamant Scarftar but lose to Jolly. Adamant Scarftar can also only speed tie Jolly, max speed Garchomp. I get that it's personal preference but all of those are significant threats.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;