This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggestions for final team member

#1DarthLampePosted 2/1/2013 12:15:25 PM
Hey guys,

Haven't played a Pokemon game for years and years, since the original gold. Anyway, I'm building a team for fun, of pokes that I thought were neat and interesting. I'm not going to battle competitive, just against friends, so I don't need super balance or anything, and it's just for fun so I don't mind losing if it comes to that.

Having said that, I would like some recommendations on a final member to help balance my team out a little bit to make sure I don't get completely trounced if possible. No pokemon is really jumpin' out at me currently, as something that has to make it on the team. So if you'd be so kind as to give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

My current team in no particular order:

Chandelure

Haxorus

Blissey

Vanilluxe

Liepard
---
SWB Drawing Update: ~10% finished!
#2shadowreaper7Posted 2/1/2013 12:19:23 PM
Mienshao? It seems as though it'd fit pretty well.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3DarthLampe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:36:56 PM
Why is that? Can you elaborate?
---
#4SooChillinPosted 2/1/2013 12:42:10 PM
DarthLampe posted...

Meinshao is pretty damn nice actually. Gets access to Fake Out & U-Turn. Letting you keep offensive momentum. Has great Attack and Speed. Hi Jump Kick will take a large chunk out of Pokemon that don't resist it, it seems like it would fit nicely in your team. You could also try Conkeldurr, which is an absolute monster if you allow it to set up.
#5shadowreaper7Posted 2/1/2013 12:42:53 PM
DarthLampe posted...

Well it covers rock and steel. Something which only one pokemon type on your team could handle well (though granted coverage moves can be used).

It gets the regenerator ability. And can utilise U-turn with this ability to great effect.

Its basically just coverage. But at the end of the day. Quite a few pokemon can be used with this team. So it comes down to what catches your eye.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#6DarthLampe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:03:35 PM
SooChillin posted...
DarthLampe posted...

Meinshao is pretty damn nice actually. Gets access to Fake Out & U-Turn. Letting you keep offensive momentum. Has great Attack and Speed. Hi Jump Kick will take a large chunk out of Pokemon that don't resist it, it seems like it would fit nicely in your team. You could also try Conkeldurr, which is an absolute monster if you allow it to set up.

I liked Timburr, loooooved Gurdurr, but for some odd read Conkeldurr doesn't look as nice as the other two, it throws me off, cause I've heard he's a really great addition to a team.
---
#7DarthLampe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:11:49 PM
shadowreaper7 posted...
DarthLampe posted...

Well it covers rock and steel. Something which only one pokemon type on your team could handle well (though granted coverage moves can be used).

It gets the regenerator ability. And can utilise U-turn with this ability to great effect.

Its basically just coverage. But at the end of the day. Quite a few pokemon can be used with this team. So it comes down to what catches your eye.

Well I plan on having some coverage throughout, maybe using Liepard to inflict status or set up Sun for Chandelure. I do like the idea of being able to cover as well as possible.

My one question is if I would need a physical wall to use Mienshao more effectively? I'm digging how it looks actually the more I look at it, but if I uturn I'll need something that can take hits potentially. Blissey can go in on specials, but against a physical attacker, is this still effective, or most physical attackers Mienshao can handle adequately?

Haha, I appreciate the help, honestly. If you have time, I'd love to hear what other pokemon you think would work well on my team. :)
---
#8DarthLampe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:37:25 AM
Any other pokemon?
---
#9DarthLampe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:39:35 AM
Any additional ideas? Or is he the best fit for my team?
---