This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What determines what dream world places you get to go to?

#1zanemaster2Posted 2/1/2013 3:45:06 PM
I always get the sparkling sea, dream park and the ice cave place. how can i go to different places? thanks in advance
---
i have nothing good to say thats why im saying some thing here
#2ZarethKnyghtPosted 2/1/2013 4:09:04 PM(edited)
How many points you have total and the typing of the Pokemon you use. Serebii and bulbapedia has more details on what has chance of accessing which areas.

---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.
#3webgopherPosted 2/3/2013 10:12:07 PM
It was stated that using a normal pokemon makes accessing the Deam Park more likely, but I can't see that it makes much of a difference.
#4WizardofHothPosted 2/4/2013 7:39:37 AM
If you put a Dark, Ghost or Psychic pokemon to sleep they're supposed to open up the Spooky mansion but I keep getting sent to the stupid Park along with the Icy Cave and the sea.

Like I said before the sea is fine since its got good water pokemon but most of the pokemon at the park arent thtat great except for the Sawk and Thro and that sloth pokemon
#5brStalkerPosted 2/4/2013 7:46:29 AM
WizardofHoth posted...
If you put a Dark, Ghost or Psychic pokemon to sleep they're supposed to open up the Spooky mansion but I keep getting sent to the stupid Park along with the Icy Cave and the sea.

Like I said before the sea is fine since its got good water pokemon but most of the pokemon at the park arent thtat great except for the Sawk and Thro and that sloth pokemon

They're not supposed to 'open up'. They only increase the chances of that area being chosen, assuming they are already available. Else, they favor another area, like the Dream Park.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#6Tali_ZorahPosted 2/4/2013 8:07:07 AM(edited)
brStalker posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

They're not supposed to 'open up'. They only increase the chances of that area being chosen, assuming they are already available. Else, they favor another area, like the Dream Park.

This. Believe me, I've really noticed it.

At first I kept putting Eevee in several times, and I got Dream Park at a very high rate. Then I put my Esperon in several times, and I got the Spooky Mansion a lot. Then I put my Glaceon in several times, and I got Icy Mountain a lot. Now I'm putting Leafeon in, and I'm expecting to get the forest a lot.

WizardofHoth posted...

And Eevee. How could you forget Eevee? :(

---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
#7shiningpikablu252Posted 2/4/2013 8:19:28 AM
Badges also play a factor in opening up areas as well; in fact, they played a role in accidentially discovering the Electric-type's secondary preference for the Dream Park (the Pokémon used was Minun), which many fansites don't have documented (their type preference lists are largely untouched from back when the Icy Cave was new, only updated for the Dream Park's primary preference of Normal-types which was highly touted even by official sources). I also suspect that the Psychic-type may have already been programmed to be a secondary preference for area 8 (the Dragon-type being area 8's primary preference), given the sheer frequency of non-Spooky Manor areas when I went Shuppet chasing (originally for Pokédex purposes) with a Hypno (it happened so much that I began drafting backup plans to bring back another Ghost-type to serve as a temporary envoy; ironically, I did finally find a Shuppet that same play session and made it a new permanent envoy).

(If you don't believe me about a secondary Electric-type preference for the Dream Park, then perhaps you'll want to see the archived log of its discovery and subsequent observations affirming it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/65041038 )
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#8WizardofHothPosted 2/4/2013 9:11:32 AM
I just put that one cat pokemon that's Dark and I still got Icy Cave, the park and the sea.

Tomorrow I'm going to just put one of my Rock or Steel pokemon to sleep. Dunn if I would even get the Rugged Cave at all or just keep on getting the stupid Icy Cave and Park
#9CharizardFirePosted 2/5/2013 1:15:35 AM

I just put that one cat pokemon that's Dark and I still got Icy Cave, the park and the sea.

Tomorrow I'm going to just put one of my Rock or Steel pokemon to sleep. Dunn if I would even get the Rugged Cave at all or just keep on getting the stupid Icy Cave and Park

You need at least 4 badges and at least 1500 Dream Points to go anywhere else.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#10WizardofHothPosted 2/5/2013 1:26:11 AM
Not all the time.

The Rugged mountain cave you need to have 8 badges and to beat the game or maybe thats for the Spooky mansion.

the whole dream world is so glitchy or whatever.

I have 8 badges and I still keep getting the Sea and the damn icy cave and the stupid park.

Just once I want to get the Sky and the damn spooky mansion