This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how's this team for main game?

#1TeremeiPosted 2/2/2013 12:12:45 AM
Please leave any comments about the game being easy out the door. Just want to hear some opinions from people who've beaten the game and know the gyms.

Bold Serperior based off drains and coil.
Hardy Lucario with balanced sp/at moveset (IE dragon pulse, exteme speed)
Scolipede (still trying to catch) with poison/confuse/flinch moveset
Arcanine (still trying to catch) with indimiated as a melee with good D (based on intimidate)

Ofcourse I will be keeping Keldeo and Genesect at the max possible level as badges allow and have them help out for the gym fights/elite five.

What do you think? Missing a psychic type but as long as I'm a bit overleveld I shouldn't have much trouble. I really take alot of time early game looking at all the early game pokemon available and I'm sentimental about the pokemon I catch. This will be the first game though that I will have some elite nintendo event pokemon to use for elite/4 end game stuff.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#2Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:23:10 AM
I'm thinking of dropping Aranine for Unfezant. I prefer to stick to all or mostly new gen V pokemon. I know the bird and the bug are but not the fighter. Any cool new pokes show up within the next few zones?

The bird looks pretty tough but it's getting old, pidgy, starly, etc. .
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#3Dreag0nPosted 2/2/2013 6:11:47 AM
I would recommend you keep arcanine and lucario and try to get a crobat, those three were my strongest pokemon, they're really strong. Don't use unfezant, it sucks. If you want to use only gen V you should probably get a krookodile for an attacker and seismitoad for surf. In one of the houses north of castelia city you can get a petilli in exchange for a cotonnee.
---
"How the Christ do you expect to reverse-Atlantis an entire city? You're just the Dragonborn, not the Daedric Prince of Civil Engineering." - DocWily
#4Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/2/2013 6:15:06 AM
Dreag0n posted...
I would recommend you keep arcanine and lucario and try to get a crobat, those three were my strongest pokemon, they're really strong. Don't use unfezant, it sucks. If you want to use only gen V you should probably get a krookodile for an attacker and seismitoad for surf. In one of the houses north of castelia city you can get a petilli in exchange for a cotonnee.

This, apart from Braviary is an acceptable replacement for Unfezant/Crobat. An electric type is always useful, like Galvantula or (if you have the patience) Tynamo from Chargestone Cave.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#5gbchaosmasterPosted 2/2/2013 7:31:12 AM
Please leave any comments about the game being easy out the door.

The game is hard.
Zekrom/Reshiram solo is the only option
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#6Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:44:42 AM
I'll be going for a Seismitoad, can't get it early as questing like in black/white. So I got one donated to me. I think he's one of the coolest looking gen V pokemon.

Lucario will probably be my only non gen V pokemon. He looks cool and is really tough.

Scolipede looks pretty cool too, and I've never played through a pokemon game with a bug/poison type pokemon. So I'm sticking with him too.

So that's 4 including Serperior. I'm still early in the game. I'd ofcourse like fire and electric but no gen V pokemon strike my fancy.

Suggestions for other 2? Krookodile looks okay but isn't he redundant with Lucario? I think Reuniclus is one of the cooler looking gen V. Any other thoughts/suggestions outside of the main 4?
---
Playing: