This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish we had a pokemon game that

#1SAMCROftwPosted 2/2/2013 6:25:42 AM
Allowed us to move between all regions in the Pokemon games. That would be awesome.
#2Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/2/2013 6:32:10 AM
It sure would be cool, but then the expectations for every new Edition/Gen would be so high that GameFreak would be forced to do that with every future Pokémon game and end up always having memory issues which porevent them to dedicate more time into the new region.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#3SilverwyrmPosted 2/2/2013 6:42:46 AM
would result in watered down regions, longer wait for releases, or copy pasting galore. It's a nice thought, but sadly unrealistic.
---
pokemon white friend code: 5029-3555-0823
#4Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/2/2013 6:49:06 AM
Oh look, it's this topic again
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#5ZarethKnyghtPosted 2/2/2013 7:05:47 AM
As long as there are a lot of people would will want something like this, the topics will always come again and again.

Some people will enjoy something like this. Others will make their assumptions and assume the worst immediately. Just drop it ><
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.
#6Skyward_SneaselPosted 2/2/2013 7:12:18 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love a game like this. I just think that the drawbacks outweigh the good points. I wouldn't want them to do it until it would be a brilliant game, rather than a mediocre attempt. Otherwise all the people currently asking for a game with all regions will start moaning about how rubbish the game was.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#7DevoidLightPosted 2/2/2013 7:16:26 AM
You ever heard of Pokemon 3D? It's far from complete, but there are mods also in development for pretty much every region. When they are eventually completed it might be something similar to what you're looking for.
#8uuurrrgghPosted 2/2/2013 7:17:49 AM
this will happen when GF decides to make lvl1000 pokemon.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#9LordWinterbanePosted 2/2/2013 7:23:33 AM
Was going to refrain from commenting on this subject, but...
as far as corporate strategies go, this would be very similar to Square Enix releasing a FF7 remake.

When Pokemon/Game Freak make an all-encompassing game, it will quite frankly mean that they have run out of brand new ideas and the franchise will effectively be finished.
---
Administrator Winterbane of the Orange Islands TRPG, at your service.