This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Flame body helps eggs hatch faster right? Also The EV guide confused me a bit...

#1m0986-8Posted 2/2/2013 6:07:45 PM
I heard this somewhere. If so I just put the magmar in slot 1 of my party right?

As for the EV guide, I just want to make confirmation here

if multiple Pokemon get EVs from the same fight (due to switching or the EXP Share), but one has EV enhancers and the other doesn't, the one that doesn't won't get any bonuses.

So if I put EXP share on a poke, they wont gain EV right? Because I don't want them to until they are a bit stronger if I hatch them
---
I own both a Vita and 3DS and love both. ^-^
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#2Crimson_SpiderPosted 2/2/2013 6:39:52 PM
They don't get bonus EVs. They still get EVs.
---
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.
#3bolt_thundaraPosted 2/2/2013 6:40:57 PM
If you have one pokemon with the Exp Share, and one with the... Macho Brace I think, and the one with the Macho Brace kills something that gives one Atk EV, then the one with the Macho Brace will get two Atk EVs and the one with the Exp Share will get one Atk EV. Using the Exp Share results in aquiring EVs from every fight, making it very dangerous to use if you want to only aquire certain EVs. That said, if you put it on somebody and go train another pokemon for a specific EV, you're essentially training two pokemon for that EV at the same time. For instance, I train my Lucario and Samurott both for Spd EVs by putting the Exp Share on Samurott and going Zubat hunting.
---
3DS FC: 4098 2332 8721 PM me your FC if you add me plz!
[~] [&] [+] (@) (@) /$\ ^-^
#4m0986-8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:45:21 PM
If you have one pokemon with the Exp Share, and one with the... Macho Brace I think, and the one with the Macho Brace kills something that gives one Atk EV, then the one with the Macho Brace will get two Atk EVs and the one with the Exp Share will get one Atk EV. Using the Exp Share results in aquiring EVs from every fight, making it very dangerous to use if you want to only aquire certain EVs. That said, if you put it on somebody and go train another pokemon for a specific EV, you're essentially training two pokemon for that EV at the same time. For instance, I train my Lucario and Samurott both for Spd EVs by putting the Exp Share on Samurott and going Zubat hunting.

I see, thank you
---
#5bolt_thundaraPosted 2/2/2013 6:49:42 PM
No prob, bro. I'm just now getting back into the pokemon scene since my last game was Emerald, but EVs was one thing I got down pat back then, and they haven't changed it. I do miss the berries in Emerald that lowered EVs though. They'd let you get rid of EVs on unwanted stats.
---
#6m0986-8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:15:24 PM
Now all I need is to know the flame body thing lol
---
#7ShortietheshortPosted 2/2/2013 8:20:46 PM
bolt_thundara posted...
No prob, bro. I'm just now getting back into the pokemon scene since my last game was Emerald, but EVs was one thing I got down pat back then, and they haven't changed it. I do miss the berries in Emerald that lowered EVs though. They'd let you get rid of EVs on unwanted stats.

The berries haven't gone anywhere. You can get 5 EV lowering berries of a different state every day from a lady west of Nimbasa. Also in join avenue from the berry shop starting at about lvl 8 or 9.
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a terrible disease, Beware!!!
#8AwesomeMarioPosted 2/2/2013 8:21:10 PM
bolt_thundara posted...

they still have those, I have like 700 of them.
---
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#9FroakiePosted 2/2/2013 8:22:32 PM
m0986-8 posted...

It reduces the hatch time in half.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#10bolt_thundaraPosted 2/2/2013 8:27:40 PM
Froakie posted...
m0986-8 posted...

It reduces the hatch time in half.

This, just toss somebody with Flame Body in the front of your group, put 5 Eggs in with it, and cycle around the long street in Castleia City til the hatch. Shouldn't take but maybe 10 minutes per batch of eggs.
---