This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Flame body helps eggs hatch faster right? Also The EV guide confused me a bit...

#11FuneralCakePosted 2/2/2013 8:34:42 PM
Flame Body actually doesn't halve the amount of steps needed to hatch an egg. Instead, whenever an egg cycle is decreased, Flame Body or Magma Armor decreases the amount by two instead of one.

(Egg cycles explained here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_cycle
and a chart with the steps with and without Flame Body/Magma Armor: http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/flame_body)
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#12ChewedMintPosted 2/2/2013 9:05:20 PM
bolt_thundara posted...
Froakie posted...
m0986-8 posted...
Now all I need is to know the flame body thing lol

It reduces the hatch time in half.

This, just toss somebody with Flame Body in the front of your group, put 5 Eggs in with it, and cycle around the long street in Castleia City til the hatch. Shouldn't take but maybe 10 minutes per batch of eggs.

FYI, flame body doesn't have to be in the first slot in the party. It works in any spot.
---
R.I.P. Dave Niehaus - February 19, 1935-November 10, 2010
R.I.P. Greg Halman - August 26, 1987 - November 21, 2011
#13bolt_thundaraPosted 2/2/2013 9:15:00 PM
ChewedMint posted...
bolt_thundara posted...
Froakie posted...
m0986-8 posted...

This, just toss somebody with Flame Body in the front of your group, put 5 Eggs in with it, and cycle around the long street in Castleia City til the hatch. Shouldn't take but maybe 10 minutes per batch of eggs.

FYI, flame body doesn't have to be in the first slot in the party. It works in any spot.

Yeah, but IDK if you can have an Egg in the front spot, can you? I mean if you have 5 Eggs and one Flame Body pokemon, wouldn't it have to be in the front?
---
3DS FC: 4098 2332 8721 PM me your FC if you add me plz!
[~] [&] [+] (@) (@) /$\ ^-^
#14ChewedMintPosted 2/2/2013 9:58:37 PM
bolt_thundara posted...
ChewedMint posted...
bolt_thundara posted...
Froakie posted...
m0986-8 posted...

Yeah, but IDK if you can have an Egg in the front spot, can you? I mean if you have 5 Eggs and one Flame Body pokemon, wouldn't it have to be in the front?

Eggs can be in front, but of course they won't battle.
---
R.I.P. Dave Niehaus - February 19, 1935-November 10, 2010
R.I.P. Greg Halman - August 26, 1987 - November 21, 2011