This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Last member for my Doubles Team?

#1averagejoelPosted 2/2/2013 7:19:02 PM
These are the members so far:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def
Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Roost

Uxie @ Leftovers
Levitate
Bold
252 Sp.Def / 132 HP / 124 Def
Psychic, Signal Beam, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave

(I've also been considering using Foul Play and Energy Ball instead of the offensive moves. Still open to suggestions though.)

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Sp.Def
Fake Out, Drain Punch, U-Turn, Rock Slide

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Sp.Def
Waterfall, Crunch, Earthquake, Protect

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Drought
Timid
252 HP / 4 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Toxic, Confuse Ray

(Toxic and Confuse Ray honestly have not been that helpful lately; I'm considering replacing them.)

Previously, the last member was

Jolteon @ Bug Gem
Volt Absorb
Timid
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Protect

The Jolteon has not been cutting it; it can never seem to survive anything or take anything down.

So, which Pokemon would CE recommend, and which moves would you guys recommend for the ones that I'm considering taking out?

(I still want at least one offensive move on Uxie and at least one non-offensive move on Ninetails.)

Again, this is Double Battles. Offense is way more important, and Defense is much less important than singles. Entry Hazards are pretty meh, but weather is still prominent, etc.

This is Smogon Doubles btw, not VGC. So Item Clause isn't in effect. (And Sleep Clause is! Whooo!)
---
I haven't touched it since then. It must be dead by now >___> - NeonOctopus
#2averagejoel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:32:19 PM
10/10 board.

Thanks for all your help.
---
#3RisenreturnPosted 2/2/2013 8:01:37 PM
You're very welcome. Maybe wait more than 4 minutes before bumping next time for faster results.

Anyway, this seems like a really thrown together team. What exactly is the point of Ninetails being there? What type of synergy do you have, what is your strategy?

If your strategy is just ATTACK ATTACK, then I'll tell you first it's a crappy idea and you need a new plan.

Without a little assistance, nobody can really help you.
---
Pretend That there's a signature here.
#4ChewedMintPosted 2/2/2013 8:08:34 PM
averagejoel posted...
10/10 board.

I wouldn't expect an answer within 13 minutes of posting this on a slowly dying board.
---
R.I.P. Dave Niehaus - February 19, 1935-November 10, 2010
R.I.P. Greg Halman - August 26, 1987 - November 21, 2011
#5RisenreturnPosted 2/2/2013 8:10:38 PM
ChewedMint posted...
averagejoel posted...
10/10 board.

I wouldn't expect an answer within 13 minutes of posting this on a slowly dying board.

I wouldn't say its dying yet, that won't be until X/Y comes out. It's just slow at 11PM(here) on a saturday night apparently.
---
#6averagejoel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:13:42 PM
Anyway, this seems like a really thrown together team. What exactly is the point of Ninetails being there? What type of synergy do you have, what is your strategy?

Ninetails is mostly there to cancel other weather effects. It isn't a bad sweeper either.

I usually lead with Dragonite and Sharpedo; their movesets work excellently together.

I'll often get Dragonite to use Earthquake and Sharpedo Protect on the first turn.

Sharpedo can OHKO most threats that are weak versus one of the types.

Uxie is support, as should be fairly obvious.

Mienshao is often used for hit-and-run tactics, and still makes a solid sweeper.

I think the main thing I'm looking for is a Special Sweeper or a Wall.
---
#7RisenreturnPosted 2/2/2013 9:57:57 PM
averagejoel posted...

Ninetails is mostly there to cancel other weather effects. It isn't a bad sweeper either.

I usually lead with Dragonite and Sharpedo; their movesets work excellently together.

I'll often get Dragonite to use Earthquake and Sharpedo Protect on the first turn.

Sharpedo can OHKO most threats that are weak versus one of the types.

Uxie is support, as should be fairly obvious.

Mienshao is often used for hit-and-run tactics, and still makes a solid sweeper.

I think the main thing I'm looking for is a Special Sweeper or a Wall.

So... it's mostly a thrown together team. I guess for a special sweeper, I'd say maybe Gengar or Alakazam, whom are pretty fast and match your type coverage pretty well.
---
#8wutzgoodPosted 2/2/2013 10:57:17 PM
Dw grotle with eviolite.
Careful/impish
Max health and defense/sp defense evs.
Leech seed
Stockpile
Seed bomb/synthesis
Toxic

That thing is a beast after stockpiling. With synthesis not much can kill him without taunt or haze and I haven't ran into many taunters in doubles and triples lately. Only poison and sap sipper pokes can slow him down. Otherwise he sucks the health from multiple pokes and he is immune to criticals so he won't die. I bring him out last so he can't be phased a out.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#9Czar_YoshiPosted 2/3/2013 1:03:32 AM
TC, you're thinking like this is singles where you get to use multiple pokemon at once. Doubles is completely different and you have to think about every combo of pokemon you could have out at a time. Aside from having few shared weaknesses, these pokemon can't really help eachother much. For example, what's Sharpedo going to do when Ninetails is on the field? He can't earthquake because Ninetails lacks protect (which you should have instead of toxic), and his waterfall is weakened by the sun. Hydregion, in fact, can completely wall both Sharpedo and Ninetails, as is, even without the sun. For that matter, your team has a serious Hydreigon problem, as Dragonite's Outrage targets randomly and he gets stab Dark Pulse on Uxie. Mienshao is also wide open if it uses protect.

Aside from designing a core for your team and rebuilding it around that, you need a fix for pure fighting types, too. Definitely give Ninetails protect before anything else.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#10averagejoel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:08:50 AM(edited)
Thanks for the help guys, for real this time.

I'm definitely going to put Protect on more things.

I'm thinking I'll replace Ninetails with Tyranitar or Abomasnow, and then replace Uxie with Cresselia or something else.

Would a Rotom-F be good if I used Abomasnow? I think that Discharge would be very useful...

I'm also thinking that a Claydol might be good with Tyranitar.

... yeah, I'm just going to go with pretty much a complete redesign of my team.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot: is Imprison any good? It could definitely prevent opponents from using Protect, which has some potential.
---