This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An interesting question for the technical people to answer:

#1GlitchManV5Posted 2/2/2013 11:32:03 PM
It's a Shedinja question:

Let's say I PokeSav a level 19 shiny Nincada, make no attempts to legitimize it, and trade it into my SoulSilver Version, which has never been hacked. I raise its level by one, and get the hacked shiny Nincada to evolve into a hacked shiny Ninjask.

My question is, if I fulfill the requirements to get a free Shedinja, would it be hacked according to the game's mechanics, or would my SS Version spit out a completely legit, shiny Shedinja for me? Is it like breeding, wherein using hacked parents with perfect IVs would always produce a clean offspring (with near-perfect IVs)?

I thank you in advance.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, BLOPs 2 Zombies.
PSN: GlitchManOmega, Black 2 FC: 1163-8300-1969
#2Chaos GenesisPosted 2/3/2013 3:46:35 AM
If the IVs do not correspond to its P-value, then yes, it is hacked, or at the very least illegitimate. There is more room for argument from the breeding example, since the offspring would get a new p-value to correspond to its IVs.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#3KaphoticsPosted 2/3/2013 6:14:56 AM(edited)
There is no PIDIV relation for eggs in gen IV or V

OP stop trying to cheat the system; we already know how it works. We aren't here to tell you how to hack properly.
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#4bond617Posted 2/3/2013 8:04:33 AM
i'd imagine that at least something would come out wrong somehow.