This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starting a new game under Challenge mode.

#11cheater72Posted 2/3/2013 1:18:38 PM
BirdPwNz100 posted...
They want you to be social.

Or they want you to buy multiple copies of their games along with multiple DSs
---
HG FC: 1979 7951 4916
W2 FC: 5115 2466 3250
#12FuneralCakePosted 2/3/2013 1:32:33 PM
temgun posted...
I have no idea what your point is btw.

That's just kinda what Mariofan does. Don't worry about it.

I agree that it's not really that much more challenging, though. Cheren may have been tougher, but that was about it. Maybe doing something like halving the EXP you get per battle would make things a bit better, since it's too easy to grind for EXP in these games. All that said, I do enjoy challenge mode way more than regular mode, and I really hope X and Y include the mode from the very beginning.

cheater72 posted...
Or they want you to buy multiple copies of their games along with multiple DSs

This is also true. The Pokemon series is masterful at milking customers for money.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#13gbchaosmasterPosted 2/3/2013 1:36:40 PM
That's just kinda what Mariofan does. Don't worry about it.

Hahaha
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#14RisenreturnPosted 2/3/2013 2:05:23 PM
Challenge Mode can be a pain though.

If you don't catch a Riolu at the first route, Your gonna have to grind a ton to get to a good enough level to battle Cheren, because his pokemon are all level 15-ish. It's a lot of grinding, especially when the highest wild pokemon you can find is level7 and there are no Pokemon Breeders/whatever trainer you can rebattle around
---
Pretend That there's a signature here.
#15x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 2/3/2013 2:56:27 PM
Risenreturn posted...
Challenge Mode can be a pain though.

If you don't catch a Riolu at the first route, Your gonna have to grind a ton to get to a good enough level to battle Cheren, because his pokemon are all level 15-ish. It's a lot of grinding, especially when the highest wild pokemon you can find is level7 and there are no Pokemon Breeders/whatever trainer you can rebattle around

I had a crappy riolu at that point and didn't even use him in the battle. It was a tough fight sure, but it's not hard to the point where I was forced to grind. I just used attack items and played smart. IT also helps to just powerup your main at that point since your pokemon choices are pretty bad (who's gonna bring a purrloin or lillipup into battle against cheren?).
---
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"
#16Mariofan15Posted 2/3/2013 3:13:09 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
The bad thing about it is that it's still not challenging. The gym leaders have one extra pokemon and their levels are 1-4 levels higher. Early gyms are almost the same.

X/Y should have a real hard mode. Lower the level which pokemon obey you, make gym leaders have a full team of six and actually have their EVs and IVs the best for each pokemon, have good items and make the AI actually really smart. I can only dream I guess.

Btw, if you didn't already, set the battle scene to set. Makes the game instantly more fun.

Says you.

Indeed.

I have no idea what your point is btw.

My point is just because YOU dont think it's hard doesnt mean it's the same for everyone else.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924