This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I avoid using Outrage & Draco Meteor in a Rotation Battle?

#1_Unowninator_Posted 2/3/2013 2:25:56 PM(edited)
Why or why not? I feel like it would be a bad idea because w/ Outrage, the opponent can rotate to a Steel type and use a move at the same time. And due to the way Rotation Battles work, I think it might be more difficult to switch out after using Draco Meteor. Am I wrong?
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#2ares9090Posted 2/3/2013 2:45:20 PM
No you are not wrong
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#3FroakiePosted 2/3/2013 2:53:41 PM
Yeah stat decreasing moves like that and auto lock moves wouldn't be good.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#4HozuPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:07 PM
Once you have no new mons to send in/switch using Draco Meteor on a non-mixed set is a HUGE liability.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
#5darkdragonflamePosted 2/3/2013 3:18:07 PM
Stat decrease and increase will still stay because the pokemon is still active.
That means it is still on the field. So after the Draco you are stil and -2 even when rotated. But this can also be an advantage because with the right prediction you can get a "free" DD and then rotate so another poke can take the damage. Also abilities like Flower Gift will also be active (if sunny weather) because Cherrim is sent out and thus active even if another pokemon is in the "battle spot".
---
The Official Interceptor of the Duodecim Boards
The Official Zangoose of the Pokemon B/W 2 and Pokemon X boards
#6-Unowninator-Posted 2/3/2013 3:21:18 PM
darkdragonflame posted...
That means it is still on the field. So after the Draco you are stil and -2 even when rotated. But this can also be an advantage because with the right prediction you can get a "free" DD and then rotate so another poke can take the damage. Also abilities like Flower Gift will also be active (if sunny weather) because Cherrim is sent out and thus active even if another pokemon is in the "battle spot".

I don't think Flower Gift works like that.
---
~ TRC
#7-Unowninator-Posted 2/3/2013 9:05:50 PM
bump for more opinions
---
~ TRC
#8darkdragonflamePosted 2/3/2013 10:39:36 PM
3rdAlt_of_Unown posted...

I think it does because when sent out for rotation it is sent out and with the sun in play you should get the boost. Why should it not work? If a pokemon is sent out for a rotation battle it is active
---
#9Monster SlasherPosted 2/3/2013 11:06:20 PM

I think it does because when sent out for rotation it is sent out and with the sun in play you should get the boost. Why should it not work? If a pokemon is sent out for a rotation battle it is active

Are the non-center rotation spots considered active though? Do they take weather damage if Sand / Hail is active?

Is Air Lock / Cloud Nine in play if a Pokemon with the ability is in one of those spots?
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#10darkdragonflamePosted 2/3/2013 11:19:30 PM
Monster Slasher posted...

Are the non-center rotation spots considered active though? Do they take weather damage if Sand / Hail is active?

Is Air Lock / Cloud Nine in play if a Pokemon with the ability is in one of those spots?

So I looked it up and I was wrong about Flower Gift... I thought that all 3 pokes were active. My bad. So Air Lock/Cloud Nine/Flower Gift/Victory Star doesn't work like that. Makes my Drought + Victory Star + Flower Gift combo idea useless in Rotation.
---