This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I stick with this Ralts, or press my luck?

#1DrOrpheus42Posted 2/3/2013 8:54:44 PM
After quite a bit of breeding, I've managed to get a female Ralts with a Modest nature (+SpA, -Att), "relatively superior" IV potential, and maxed IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed. And Dragon-type Hidden Power, though I don't think I'd be using that. The only immediate drawback is that it has Synchronize instead of Trace like I wanted, but I don't really think that difference is all that important.

Now I could use this Ralts to breed with one of my males in standby and improve the chances of breeding more with all 3 maxed IVs, and may end up with outstanding potential and the right nature and ability. The problem is, I'm trying to prepare the Ralts for my playthrough of Black 2, and I won't want to use it once it gains any levels in the daycare, so I'd have to commit to one of the offspring. And I've already been at this for awhile. Plus I'm breeding it in Black 1, so chance of inheriting the Modest nature is only 50% with the everstone.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk, and the extra time commitment? Or is the one I have already very good?
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/3/2013 8:59:24 PM
I think it's good enough, especially if you're just planning on using it for playing through Black 2 and not for competitive battling.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#3infinitexxPosted 2/3/2013 9:01:02 PM
Severe overkill for in-game use, just use it, no point in trying to improve.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#4DrOrpheus42(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:07:36 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I think it's good enough, especially if you're just planning on using it for playing through Black 2 and not for competitive battling.

Oh no, I'm not at all doing this just for the sake of the main story. I'd like to keep my options open for competitive battling with the same team. I realize it probably seems wierd, but I decided Black 2 would be the first time I pay attention to EV's and IV's, so I wanted to try and make a super-version of all my favorites from past generations and see how well they do.
#5FuneralCakePosted 2/3/2013 9:09:58 PM
If that's the case, I say keep it for now and use it later to breed a better one in Black 2, since it has better breeding options.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#6Brandon042487Posted 2/3/2013 10:01:57 PM
Big money, big money, no wammys, no wammys, STOP
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#7shiningpikablu252Posted 2/3/2013 10:47:09 PM
Definitely press your luck, and go for a good Modest-natured male Trace-ability specimen. Then breed an Adamant-natured female Limber-ability (if you can; Run Away if you can't) Buneary to go along with it...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.