This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or that regular bird/flying pokemon in the beginning are better?Ev

#1WizardofHothPosted 2/3/2013 9:25:13 PM
Ever since Sapphire and Fire Red early beginning bird pokemon like Pidgey they do better than the starter pokemon.

I just bought HeartGold this weekend and I caught the first bird pokemon along with Bellsprout and I swear everytime for a new Pokemon game including the Black/White games bird pokemon do better than the starter pokemon.

Not just with the Gust move but bird pokemon can really beat the first 2 Gym trainers if you train and level them up to level 8-10
#2LightningAce11Posted 2/3/2013 9:28:21 PM
They're good early on, but start to suck later. Staraptor is the only one who bypasses this rule.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Married to Rosa
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/3/2013 9:48:04 PM
I swear everytime for a new Pokemon game including the Black/White games bird pokemon do better than the starter pokemon

That's just really ignorant. The Pidove line sucks, pure and simple. And you can get a much, much, much better Normal/Flying-type later on in White or White 2.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#4electric_emuPosted 2/3/2013 11:36:46 PM
Starly is the only one who remains powerful, given that it develops Intimidate a la Staravia and later learns Close Combat when it evolves into Staraptor.