This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Smogon have Item Clause?

#1ColtCababaPosted 2/3/2013 10:15:10 PM
If so, is it for every tier (I know, I'm not really fresh on Smogon's ban lists and clauses)? I wanted to run Life Orb on two Pokemon, but I'm not sure if it'll be allowed.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4642-6944-7032
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/3/2013 10:18:39 PM
No, they don't.
#3ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:46:14 PM
Aight. I read only Official Pokemon Tournaments have Item Clause, so I should be fine.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4642-6944-7032
#4coreekymonPosted 2/3/2013 11:52:25 PM
Item clause is really the one clause I wish Smogon did enforce. I don't like battling teams where half the pokemon are holding Leftovers, not because I have difficulty dealing with it but just because it seems so uncreative.
---
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.
#5LexifoxPosted 2/4/2013 1:03:15 AM
coreekymon posted...
Item clause is really the one clause I wish Smogon did enforce. I don't like battling teams where half the pokemon are holding Leftovers, not because I have difficulty dealing with it but just because it seems so uncreative.

Generally speaking it's because the person is uncreative, or because there really is a lack of good items to use.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6RX02BansheePosted 2/4/2013 1:05:47 AM
coreekymon posted...

I don't really see the problem. Some sets just work with Leftovers, and sometimes they make a team and end up finding there's no other item that would be all that useful for the set in question.

Personally though when I myself am in doubt I slap on a Life Orb :p
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Xenoblade Chronicles
#7WindyligthPosted 2/4/2013 1:32:08 AM
coreekymon posted...

---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.