This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So to those who fear or complaining about ubers allowed to be used...

#21bolt_thundaraPosted 2/4/2013 7:25:39 AM
See, you lost me right there at eviolite grotle. Like I said, I'm way out of touch w/ modern pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 4098 2332 8721 PM me your FC if you add me plz!
[~] [&] [+] (@) (@) /$\ ^-^
#22wutzgoodPosted 2/4/2013 7:36:31 AM
It's tougher to find a poke that can take the hits than finding an ability that absorbs it. I just know that my grotle can take earthquakes and heal the damage off with leech seed. Lots of testing out teams helps.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#23infinitexxPosted 2/4/2013 7:45:16 AM
wutzgood posted...
There isn't a sleep clause in the vgc. And it's alway doubles. I wouldn't mind if it changed to triples.

There is a Dark Void ban though, since it is what makes Sleep truly broken in doubles/triples.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#24Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:26:30 AM
Sorry if i sound like a harsh troll, but i do have a point. If users on here are complainung and fearing how they will come across kygrue pr mewtwo and not sure how to handle them, while they possibly and i bet they do, make gane breaking teams; such as weather teams or cresselia abuse trick team, then they pbviously have no business playing competitive pokemon. Because they never faced a real challenge, but nothing more than band wagon followers.

Unlike some of us trainers, we have experienced with no restriction battles to ubers. Hence, i owned this player via PBR way back with a cursing umbreon and he had a team of ubers and i was able to dominate him.

Umbreon... The most lol'd pokemon on this network.
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265
#25_KGC_Posted 2/4/2013 8:31:25 AM
TC, what are you trying to say exactly?

Are you saying that people who can't handle ubers shouldn't play competitive? And saying weather teams and Cresselia Trick Rooming teams are game breaking?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#26black_turkeyPosted 2/4/2013 8:42:30 AM
electric_emu posted...
3/10

I don't know why anyone would think that everyone using six of the same fifteen or so Pokemon is fun. less variety, less creativity.

But it's only one tournament. Every other tournament bans them, so what's wrong with one that doesn't?

If you don't like it, then don't participate. Simple as that
---
Haiii Guise
#27shadowreaper7Posted 2/4/2013 8:54:01 AM
Just let us have our ubers match, its not as though anyone forced you to participate. Besides, if you don't think there is any strategy in it. Don't enter. Some of the most entertaining matches i've played have been in ubers because of the raw force offered by the pokes in the tier. You've got to be on the game with switching and predicting. It makes a match quite tense. Furthermore there is versatility in the sets of the pokemon with some being gifted entirely uncommon sets.

Besides, its not as though every competition they make is in Ubers. This is the first time in how many years that ubers have been used competetivly from a competition stand point?

Ubers aren't particularly hard to take down, even entire teams of ubers can be taken down. Is it a hard slog if you don't have ubers? Yes, but thats plausibly because of the high base stat totals and better distribution.
Alternatively it could mean the synergy between the team isn't high enough to be able to take less damage than you output.
Or it could simply be a matter of luck.

All i can say is, let us have our fun. It'll be back to normal before you know it.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#28gbchaosmasterPosted 2/4/2013 8:58:09 AM
^Well said.

It's a uber tournament. Simple as that.

You're not more or less skilled for taking part in it or wanting another tournament.
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#29Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:02:30 AM
@ KGC

Exactly is what i am stating. Sorry for later response. Was driving.

But if you cant handle ubers existing into this upcoming tournament, then you have no business competitive battling, because ubers are also known to have its own competitive playlist. What you would be considered to be if you competitive play and have an issue with ubers is a wanna be trainer or for short, a sheep
---
#30Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:19:05 AM
And well spoken shadow. Im glad someone understands my annoyance about the crybabies that complain about ubers not being banned
---