This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heatmor with Flame Orb

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Heatmor with Flame Orb
3 years ago#1
Ok. I know that this pokemon, Heatmor has a 1% chance of hold a Flame Orb in the wild. For the last four days I have been catching Heatmors. None of them are holding anything. To increase my chances I have a fainted Yamma with compound eyes in the first positon. In my second position I have a Senret with frisk.

What am I doing wrong? Why can I not find a Heatmor with the dam flame orb? I have better luck finding female pokemon in Hidden Grottos than I have finding this flame orb.

So my question is, has anyone else found a Heatmor with Flame Orb. I do not believe that it exists.
3 years ago#2
When Pokemon hold an item 1% of the time, you can only get that item if you fight it in the dark grass patches. Since Heatmor is only in Twist Mountain, you can't get a Flame Orb this way.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
3 years ago#3
Thanks. I did not know that 1% meant that you could only find the held item on the pokemon if that pokemon was in the dark grass.
3 years ago#4
Can't you just barter for a Flame Orb with BP from the Battle Subway and PWT?
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
3 years ago#5
Yeah, it's only 16BP in the PWT. You can get that in about 10-15 mins just by winning one triples tourney.
3 years ago#6
rob-bob posted...
Thanks. I did not know that 1% meant that you could only find the held item on the pokemon if that pokemon was in the dark grass.

I also didn't know that until a couple months ago when a friend told me. He found it in a guide book, and it made complete sense since I wasn't finding any Comet Shards in the Giant Chasm. Now that I know, it's super easy to get a good amount of them fairly quickly.

But yeah, just do the BS or PWT. The regular singles train in the BS is super easy if you have trouble with the PWT.
---
i don't even gaf anymore
3 years ago#7
Woah wtf is that true???

Only in dark patches of grass? So you mean 'double grass'? The 1% items can't be found in normal grass either?

No wonder I couldn't find Flame Orb on Heatmor...although I haven't found an Air Balloon on Drifblim either. I've gotten 4 Absorb Bulbs from Roselias though. =) Kept 2 and gave 2 to my Black.

Just checked Serebii, their Wild Hold Items page hasn't been updated; but the Pokedex pages have. However it says those 1% items have a 5% chance in dark grass? Hmmm this probably isn't true cause I still haven't obtained an Air Balloon (and I have been hunting Drifblim's in the dark grass) and I got a lot more Poison Barbs than Absorb Bulbs.
---
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2192 2813 1966
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 3910 6713 6230
3 years ago#8
Yep, those items are only available in the dark, doubles grass. I really don't know why it works that way.

Anyway, the items are 1% normally and 5% if you're leading with a Compoundeyes Pokemon. Not sure why Serebii lists them that way.
---
i don't even gaf anymore
3 years ago#9
Well, you learn something everyday, even i didn't know it was only for dark grass encounters =/
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs: Where adults argue with children. Constantly. Over nothing. (Y)
People who agree: Several
3 years ago#10
So the dust clouds in caves don't work for Flame Orb? Can't say I've ever gotten one yet, but I'm not really into the PWT...
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Heatmor with Flame Orb

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived