This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT Sun Team

#1ShishigoPosted 2/4/2013 8:45:22 AM
Hey guys, planning on making a Sun Team here. First time making a sun team, and I think I have a pretty good set up here, just a couple areas I'm unsure of. To save time and space I won't post ALL EV Spreads for every type, I'll simply write out the kind of set I used to use for the ones I'm certain of keeping. The ones I'm unsure of I'll post in more detail.

Ninetales -- Sunny Day Set w/Air Balloon

Infernape -- Choice Band

Chlorosaur (Self Explanatory)

Forretress -- Physical Defense/Rapid Spinner.

Jellicent @ Leftovers. Specially Defensive Set.
252 HP/44 DEF/ 220 SpD
Water Absorb
Calm
Movepool: Will-O-Wisp, Recover, Hex, Scald.

^ Okay, I know a Water Type on a Sun Team seems really silly, but it covers Ninetales', Infernape's, and Forretress' Ground weakness by being a water type, plus Water Absorbing incoming Water Attacks will keep him around long enough to help cripple the Opponents team with Will-O-Wisp. It doesn't receive any great benefit from the sun, but I feel like it has good utility here.

Espeon @ Light Clay w/Magic Bounce
Timid
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed.
Dual Screens
Psychic
Morning Sun. (Survivability since Espeon is so frail).

^ Again I'm unsure about going with Espeon. Its frailties make me believe its unlikely Dual Screens could go up consistently, plus it doesn't receive any direct benefits from the sun. I do have 3 pokemon that benefit from the sun, however one of them is Ninetales, which we all know doesn't typically KO a lot of things. In Espeon's place I've considered Dragonite w/Fire Punch as a bulky sweeper, or Moltres. Originally I planned on using Arcanine until I remembered Infernape is around.

Any Suggestions guys? Thanks!
---
One Shot One Kill No Luck Pure Skill
#2shadowreaper7Posted 2/4/2013 9:04:17 AM
Shishigo posted...
Hey guys, planning on making a Sun Team here. First time making a sun team, and I think I have a pretty good set up here, just a couple areas I'm unsure of. To save time and space I won't post ALL EV Spreads for every type, I'll simply write out the kind of set I used to use for the ones I'm certain of keeping. The ones I'm unsure of I'll post in more detail.

Ninetales -- Sunny Day Set w/Air Balloon

Infernape -- Choice Band

Chlorosaur (Self Explanatory)

Forretress -- Physical Defense/Rapid Spinner.

Jellicent @ Leftovers. Specially Defensive Set.
252 HP/44 DEF/ 220 SpD
Water Absorb
Calm
Movepool: Will-O-Wisp, Recover, Hex, Scald.

^ Okay, I know a Water Type on a Sun Team seems really silly, but it covers Ninetales', Infernape's, and Forretress' Ground weakness by being a water type, plus Water Absorbing incoming Water Attacks will keep him around long enough to help cripple the Opponents team with Will-O-Wisp. It doesn't receive any great benefit from the sun, but I feel like it has good utility here.

Espeon @ Light Clay w/Magic Bounce
Timid
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed.
Dual Screens
Psychic
Morning Sun. (Survivability since Espeon is so frail).

^ Again I'm unsure about going with Espeon. Its frailties make me believe its unlikely Dual Screens could go up consistently, plus it doesn't receive any direct benefits from the sun. I do have 3 pokemon that benefit from the sun, however one of them is Ninetales, which we all know doesn't typically KO a lot of things. In Espeon's place I've considered Dragonite w/Fire Punch as a bulky sweeper, or Moltres. Originally I planned on using Arcanine until I remembered Infernape is around.

Any Suggestions guys? Thanks!

Ninetales - fine
Infernape - fine
Chlorosaur - obvious but fine

Forretress - an odd choice in my mind, be very wary of that 4X fire boosted weakness.
I myself if using foretress would have to use a flash fire sweeper. It can switch in to a predicted fire attack and usually kill whatevers out.
If you were to choose something else than foretress which can set up and spin away hazards.
Try Sandslash, it'll greatly appreciate the drop in water attack power and has large defence.

Eh... Jellicent can work, but i don't like the set. With will-o-wisp and with sunny day active. Scald has lost all utility as its power is cut and the burn can be guarenteed. If you need a water move i'd suggest Water spout as its just more powerful.

Espeon appears to me like you said. Entirely too frail.
Dragonite could work with Multiscale. But i'd personally gift it:
Outrage/Dclaw
Dragon dance
Thunder punch
Earthquake
although it lacks reliable recovery in the form of roost. With this set it handles the water weakness because chlorosaur is the only thing which takes them down reliably, and a competent player should be able to leave his water type out of harms way until the venusaur is removed. You can use this guy as a reliable end game clean up sweeper.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3brStalkerPosted 2/4/2013 9:05:36 AM
Uhh...

Jellicent (...) covers Ninetales', Infernape's, and Forretress' Ground weakness by being a water type,

Water types don't resist Ground.
Forretress is not weak to Ground.

Perhaps you should consider a flying type (or something with levitate)? Virtually everything else that resist ground has trouble agains Fire, which would be an even greater issue with the sun out.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#4Shishigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:59:46 AM
Ty for the suggestions on Dragonite, I will likely go with my instincts and use him. That also gives me something to resist Ground since my assumption that water resisted it was wrong. Should have checked first. Originally I planned on using Flash Fire Arcanine on this team as a main attacker, but I felt Infernape would be better in his place. In place of Forretress, I thought about using Donphan (its an obvious choice in Sun teams, I'm kind of trying to be not so generic but I'm not opposed to using him) because he is also a Rapid Spinner, and has access to Ice Shard, which helps against dragons. That leaves Espeon, which if I went with Donphan could make room for Heatran as a Flash Fire user (and I wouldn't clog up my team with 2 steel types since I'd no longer have Forretress). I understand the hesitation on Jellicent indeed but I feel like it could be a good choice. I don't absolutely need a water move on him, so I could go for the water spout instead, or simply put protect in his last spot for Stall potential. Hex under burn in my opinion would be a better choice than a water move anyway. I understand the tactic is gimmicky, but as a wall I won't be doing much else with him. With Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and Protect he could be a force to be reckoned with, plus be a surprise to people. So with this in mind that makes the team:

Ninetales, Infernape, Chlorosaur, Donphan, Heatran/Jellicent (still unsure on each, Heatran is a beast in Sun Teams), and Dragonite/Jellicent (again still unsure of which slot Jelly would go in if I decide not to use him, Dnite, and Heatran are both amazing so I'm up in the air about it.)
---
#5Shishigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:03:36 AM
Sorry double post but in the last set of parentheses I meant if I do* use him. xD
---
#6Kamikazegoat23Posted 2/4/2013 1:59:16 PM
Shishigo posted...
Sorry double post but in the last set of parentheses I meant if I do* use him. xD

You can edit posts you know
#7Shishigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:28:33 PM
I didn't actually. I'm from a time where that wasn't a thing. Ty for the heads up. Anything else to further add to the discussion?
---