This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm having trouble with trading with my DS (Black) and 3DS XL (Black 2). Halp!

#1HyozanHakuPosted 2/4/2013 1:24:08 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble with the Union Room. I'm currently playing Black version on my old, original DS which I bought back in 2005. And my Black 2 version is being played on my new 3DS XL.

I'm just trying to trade Pokémon from one version to the other, but only the DS recognizes the other C-Gear, while the 3DS XL does not.

In the Union Room, my Black 2 character appears in my Black 1 screen. But the same does not happen on the other game...

Can anybody please help me? :s
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 1:26:06 PM
Have you tried doing IR trading with the C-Gear instead? It's faster than using the Union Room.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#3TcidenebTPosted 2/4/2013 1:27:19 PM
Have you tried doing an IR trade? That is how I trade between my games.
#4HyozanHaku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:29:10 PM
Yes, I have, but for both games, a save option appears and then they kind of freeze even before I select 'Yes' or 'No'...

I have also tried to use Black 1 on the 3DS and Black 2 on the original DS, but the problem remains. The 3DS doesn't recognize the other C-Gear.
#5FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 1:30:18 PM
Are your games legitimate? It sounds like maybe they're not, and that could definitely be an issue...
---
i don't even gaf anymore
#6HyozanHaku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:33:16 PM
They are. Actually, I'm dumb and I see now that the d-pad doesn't work in the IR menu; they didn't freeze at all. xD

Anyways, they don't seem to be recognizing each other. Is there a proper way to do this? I never traded between DSs before.
#7FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 1:37:08 PM
Once you've selected the trade option, you just set the DS systems so that the game cards are pointed at each other. That's where the IR ports are. If they don't immediately connect, move the systems closer, wait longer, or try moving them around slightly.
---
i don't even gaf anymore
#8HyozanHaku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:43:16 PM
It's not working. Also, when I look at the Wireless menu in the C-Gear, only the DS can locate the other...maybe this is a real technical issue with my new 3DS :/
#9FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 1:46:01 PM
Is your 3DS's wireless switch actually on? Like is the green light flashing?
---
i don't even gaf anymore
#10HyozanHaku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:48:04 PM
It is, yeah.