This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions Concerning Wi-Fi Battles

#1Amy789Posted 2/4/2013 5:44:21 PM
Hi Guiise!!

I have a some questions concerning Wi-Fi battles I was hoping to get help on:

1. Can pokemon black and white version 2 battle with pokemon white and black (original)? I know you can trade, but can you battle across these Gen 5 games?

2. I read that there is no longer random 6v6 Wi-Fi battles. You need an FC to battle 6v6 in Wi-Fi. Are there any popular forums where people go to exchange FCs for 6v6 Wi-Fi battles?

3. What are the most popular random Wi-Fi game types?

4. I don't think anyone would know the answer to this, but how does the matchmaking in random Wi-Fi battles work? Are there "ELOs" or personal scores that match you with others? For instance, if I'm noob, would I get matched with a pro? Or does it take any statistics into consideration, such as win/loss ratio, or the like?

Thank you!
#2FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 5:51:33 PM
1) Yes. For Pokemon that are exclusive to BW2, like Black/White Kyurem and the Therian Forme kami trio, they appear as they would in BW, but still have the stats, moves, etc. of their BW2 formes.

2) GameFAQs has a battle board. Try tha.

3) Absolutely no idea.

4) As far as I know, it just matches you with anybody else wanting to battle. I don't think there's any sort of matchmaking going on.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#3Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:56:35 PM
I don't know the details on the match making, but higher scoring players can be matched up with low scoring players. There is a rated mode and I think it uses ELO, but that's just for the online leaderboard it doesn't seem to be taken into account for match making.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
Pokemon VGC2013 OR Regional - 12th place
#40-172Posted 2/4/2013 5:57:48 PM
Amy789 posted...
Hi Guiise!!

I have a some questions concerning Wi-Fi battles I was hoping to get help on:

1. Can pokemon black and white version 2 battle with pokemon white and black (original)? I know you can trade, but can you battle across these Gen 5 games?

2. I read that there is no longer random 6v6 Wi-Fi battles. You need an FC to battle 6v6 in Wi-Fi. Are there any popular forums where people go to exchange FCs for 6v6 Wi-Fi battles?

3. What are the most popular random Wi-Fi game types?

4. I don't think anyone would know the answer to this, but how does the matchmaking in random Wi-Fi battles work? Are there "ELOs" or personal scores that match you with others? For instance, if I'm noob, would I get matched with a pro? Or does it take any statistics into consideration, such as win/loss ratio, or the like?

Thank you!

4. There are two options: Free and Rating. Free is completely random, while Rating uses a rating that is based off of your record to match you with other players.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#5Amy789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:06:22 PM
Does the Rating mode offer 6v6 and can anyone play it?

Thanks for the replies!
#6FroakiePosted 2/4/2013 6:16:00 PM
Does the Rating mode offer 6v6 and can anyone play it?

Thanks for the replies!

Nah. And it scales to 50. Well actually, I think Triple battles use all 6. Not sure though.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg