This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are some rare pokemon I can get right now?

#1TeremeiPosted 2/4/2013 9:52:37 PM
by playing other games. I know about dream radar and inserting an old cart to get a legendary for example. But I read in another thread if you have diamond and a Wii you can get a legit Mew. How so? And what game is required?

Where can I go to find out about all of the rare pokemon you can get by playing pokemon gaiden games that have pokemon transferable into your gen IV, V pokemon games? I have platinum, heartgold, black2, dream radar, and also a Wii, DS, and 3DS. I'd like to hunt some legit rares before Pokemon Y comes out and I need some pointers on where to start.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#2Czar_YoshiPosted 2/4/2013 10:01:47 PM
I don't really get what you're asking. Do you want a list of what legendaries are in what games or something?

There's a Keldeo event still going on right now for B2W2, so that might be a good place to start.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#3FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 10:08:30 PM
If you get My Pokemon Ranch on the Wii and have Diamond or Pearl, you can get Mew by depositing 999 Pokemon in the ranch, then trading an egg for a Mew.

If you want to find out about other legendary Pokemon available, I'd suggest going to Serebii, checking each individual game section, and looking through the legendary list. It will tell you where the Pokemon are located and how to get them.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#4Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:44:32 PM
I actually don't see any "legendaries" section in my pokemon ranch on serebii.net. The only way I found out about it was a post here. That's why I'm asking here. What non main games (pokemon conquest, pokemon mystery dungeon) etc. . have rare legendaries that you can unlock and transfer into pokemon platinum or pokemon black 2? I know it would be a long list that's why I'm just asking for recent ones. Games on the DS and onward.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#5Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:46:06 PM
nvmd I found it under Haley's trades. Are there any unlocks for completing pokemon conquest?
---
Playing:
#6FuneralCakePosted 2/4/2013 10:52:01 PM
You'd want to look under the legendary section in the game series, like Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, HG/SS, etc.

If all you're looking for is legendaries that require other games outside of the main series to get, I think Pokemon Ranger is the only one, where you can get Manaphy. There were some Wi-Fi events for some of the games to get Shaymin, Deoxys, and Heatran, but those events are no longer available (and Heatran is found in DPPt, anyway).
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#7VivisqeqPosted 2/4/2013 11:38:28 PM
Get yourself an original Japanese copy of Diamond on eBay, get to the Elite 4, which is simpler than it looks, there's an exploit that helps you get to Darkrai and Shaymin, for which you'd normally need tickets.
---
STFC
Not changing this line of my sig until Sin Cara wins a World Title or leaves the WWE/gets fired/retires - Started 21/8/2011