This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something's wrong with my Life Orb ...

#11_Unowninator_Posted 2/5/2013 9:16:16 PM(edited)
rattlex posted...
Well now im more confused...

suddenly my Life Orb drained my Darmanitan's HP... @_@a what's happening here? a minute ago the life orb didnt affect me at all...

I guess sheer force doesn't cancel the life orb's effect, it could be a glitch...

The Life Orb glitch only triggers if the move is boosted by Sheer Force. For example, Flare Blitz and Rock Slide won't receive Life Orb damage, but moves like Stone Edge, Superpower, Return, and U-Turn don't use the ability, thus won't trigger the glitch.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#12_Unowninator_Posted 2/5/2013 9:17:02 PM
rattlex posted...
I'm only using Rock Slide and Zen headbutt... and it said "Lost its some HP" that's obviously from the Life Orb...

but sometimes its effect just disappear ... @_@a

Only thing I can think of is that your ability got changed/nufflified. What Pokemon are you fighting?
---
~ TRC
#13boxdude123Posted 2/5/2013 9:21:06 PM
You may have dropped it while travelling.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:
1292-6030-3536 'Mr.Ford'
#14ColtCababaPosted 2/5/2013 9:34:04 PM
No, the Sheer Force + Life Orb combination is not a glitch. It's just part of the Ability. If it were a glitch, then Game Freak would remove it in Pokemon X and Y. Anyway, if Darmanitan uses a move without a secondary effect, such as Earthquake, then it does not get powered up by Sheer Force, and Life Orb damage is still applied.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4642-6944-7032
#15Mariofan15Posted 2/5/2013 10:14:14 PM
rattlex posted...
Ohhh I see .. I thought Sheer Force only works for pokemon moves , thx for clearing that up.

I thought it was a glitch or something ...XD

It is a glitch.

Lol. It isnt. Dont be so quick to call it a glitch when you dont know what's going on.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#16face235Posted 2/6/2013 12:22:23 PM
This tip is extremely helpful. I'll try it on my Sheer Force Hariyama.
---
{aB} Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3311-2393-4069
#17-Unowninator-Posted 2/6/2013 12:29:03 PM
ColtCababa posted...
No, the Sheer Force + Life Orb combination is not a glitch. It's just part of the Ability. If it were a glitch, then Game Freak would remove it in Pokemon X and Y. Anyway, if Darmanitan uses a move without a secondary effect, such as Earthquake, then it does not get powered up by Sheer Force, and Life Orb damage is still applied.

X & Y haven't been released yet. The reason I feel it's a glitch is because it also ignores Color Change. Why would they intentionally make that happen?
---
~ TRC
#18HozuPosted 2/6/2013 2:08:09 PM
It wasn't fixed in B/W2 to maintain compatibility with random WiFi against B/W1 carts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
#19ColtCababaPosted 2/6/2013 9:52:11 PM
3rdAlt_of_Unown posted...
ColtCababa posted...

X & Y haven't been released yet. The reason I feel it's a glitch is because it also ignores Color Change. Why would they intentionally make that happen?

The Ability ignores all end-of-move items and Abilities' effects.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4642-6944-7032
#20reaverzPosted 2/7/2013 12:53:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]