This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could someone please help me with my Wi-Fi problem?

#1El_DustinoPosted 2/5/2013 10:59:32 PM
I am sure I have posted this either on the Black board, here, or the DS board, but anyways, I really want to get my copy of White online so that I can trade, complete my Pokedex, and get more out of the game. But, for some reason, I can not connect to my wifi with this thing. My 3DS connects fine, but not this DS game (even if it is in the 3DS).

For your information, my security is currently set to WEP, my connection (or whatever it is) is mixed G and B, not G only or B only, and, well, that is about all I can think to add. Even my Wii can connect on this connection. I am using an original DS, if that makes any difference.

So, does anyone have any ideas of what I can do, or what might be wrong? Perhaps my router model just does not work with the DS? I looked at Nintendo's support website, and I could not find anything useful.

So, please, if someone could help, that would be nice. Thank you.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#2Jeffdk1Posted 2/6/2013 4:36:49 AM
First you should check your router, does the DS gets an IP-adress at all?
#3InfinityWatchPosted 2/6/2013 10:18:48 AM
i believe your problem is the original DS. I think it only allows for a WEP encrypted password which is obsolete now because it is super easy to hack. all routers use WPA/2 and the original DS does not know how to connect to a wifi point. I had the same problem just had to upgrade to a DSI or 3DS.
---
Pkmn Blk: 2623-2011-2679, Blk2: 3225-3395-0232 3DS FC: 0146-8763-0636
#4El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:42:20 PM
Jeffdk1 posted...
First you should check your router, does the DS gets an IP-adress at all?

No, it does not. Well, it gets no access point at all. I am beginning to wonder if it is my router: it is an Actiontec GT704WG router, which I have heard has issues connecting with older Nintendo products now and then. Some people have been lucky I guess, but still. Oh, but sorry for the ramble. The answer to your question is no, I believe.

InfinityWatch posted...
i believe your problem is the original DS. I think it only allows for a WEP encrypted password which is obsolete now because it is super easy to hack. all routers use WPA/2 and the original DS does not know how to connect to a wifi point. I had the same problem just had to upgrade to a DSI or 3DS.

Uhm, I said in the first post that mr router is currently using WEP. It is an older router. Maybe older than the DS. I also mentioned that my game does not connect when in the 3DS.
---
#5j_coatPosted 2/6/2013 7:17:00 PM
I think I may have a similar problem to yours, I've been having trouble going online with White 1 and 2 for a week now, sometimes I can't get an access point even if I am next to it, (It is a compatible access point even though the error message says it isn't) and when it does connect, it suddenly gets communication errors in the middle of Game Sync and other activities. Did your router suffer an outage lately, because mine did, and the DS connectivity was messed up since, though every other wifi product seems to work fine.
---
The new Universal Wars demo is available now!
http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=5169
#6Hydroflame20Posted 2/6/2013 7:43:58 PM
InfinityWatch posted...

Yea I have the same problem and I plan to upgrade to a 3ds in three weeks can't wait it will be such a good change of pace.
---
Where you see a means to destroy, I see a way to control--to dominate and harness the Reapers' power. Imagine how strong humanity would be if we controlled them
#7El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:17:35 PM
Bump. :/
---
#8El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:09:48 AM
Bump. ;~;
---
#9xfyrenxPosted 2/10/2013 1:17:38 AM
Are you sure about your router using WEP? Because I know I set mine to WEP but it reset itself to WPA/2 (no-one got why it did), which forced me to get a 3DS to connect.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#10El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:45:06 AM
Yes, I am sure. I have tested it with other devices to see that it is WEP.

Also, as I have mentioned, I cna not find an access point even when I put it in my 3DS.
---