This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT Sandstorm Team?

#1gg132Posted 2/6/2013 2:03:38 AM
How is this for a Sandstorm team? Is there anything that I should change. A few of my pokemon have HP Fire. Is it a good idea to have it more than once. Also do you I should use a Rapid Spinner.

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Really appreciate if you could help.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 6:57:39 AM
Dragonite's Multiscale would be neutralized in one turn no matter what your opponent does.

And Swampert and MAYBE Magnezone are the only two that benefit from the Sandstorm.
Whenever I use a Sandstorm team, it has a Sand Rush Excadrill and a Sand Veil Garchomp.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#3gg132(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:06:42 AM
I will most like use Dragonite first before bringing out Tyranitar so It wouldn't really be affected by the Sandstorm.
#4gg132(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:04:04 AM
Bump
#5AwesomeMarioPosted 2/6/2013 10:11:22 AM
Do you play on smogon's rules? Then you can't use Excadrill nor Garchomp like the second poster recommended. It looks fine except for Dragonite and maybe Roserade.
---
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#6gg132(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:34:30 AM(edited)
^I do yes.

I'm ok with going for a better Grass type pokemon(Unless it has a legendary status). I would like to keep Dragonite so I don't have a problem with getting rid of Tyranitar. I know it wont be a Sandstorm team, but that is why a had a ? in my topic title. I figured 4 out of 6 of my pokemon wont be harmed by it so I might be ok.
#7Relient_KPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:46 AM
I kinda like swift swim armaldo in sandstorm teams to counter rain teams. It will get the nice sp def boost in your weather, and great speed in rain.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#8shadowreaper7Posted 2/6/2013 11:16:33 AM
Some pokemon to consider for use in Sandstorm:

DW Cradily - Storm drain cripples most water types that don't pack some form of Bug/Fighting coverage. Plus with a tutored Giga drain, it can force out a good few water types what with its massive special bulk which is boosted in the rain.
Stockpile or amnesia(iirc) can boost this further.

Gastrodon - Again storm drain, though i wouldn't use this guy with Swampert, very bad with both sharing a 4X weakness (albeit to an uncommon type)

Scizor - Immunity to sandstorm and heck band it and let it wreck havoc with bullet punch before it goes down.

Aggron - Only particularly noteworthy in trickstorm teams. Sturdy allows it to come in on the switch in trick room, but otherwise it is too slow.

Gengar - A painsplit-gar can work to your advantage, as the residual damage from sandstorm works to make sure you can siphon the enemies health. If you need a guarenteed KO. Destiny bond is a nice way of doing a 1 for 1 tradeoff.

DW Alakazam - Magic guard means you no longer fear sandstorm. Give it a focus sash, if you want to ensure two hits against bulkier pokes which can OHKO. Or give it a life orb for no recoil and massive power to OHKO most targets.

Reuniclus - Trickstorm. Quite slow but does have nice bulk to back it up.

Armaldo - mentioned in the post above. Has access to rapid spin too!

there are others but these are some pokes which do well in sand.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#9gg132(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:47:16 AM
Well if I do stick with the sandstorm team, I like the idea of Cradily.
#10gg132(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:20:47 PM
Bump