This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RMT Sandstorm Team?

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
How is this for a Sandstorm team? Is there anything that I should change. A few of my pokemon have HP Fire. Is it a good idea to have it more than once. Also do you I should use a Rapid Spinner.

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Really appreciate if you could help.
3 years ago#2
Dragonite's Multiscale would be neutralized in one turn no matter what your opponent does.

And Swampert and MAYBE Magnezone are the only two that benefit from the Sandstorm.
Whenever I use a Sandstorm team, it has a Sand Rush Excadrill and a Sand Veil Garchomp.
3 years ago#3
I will most like use Dragonite first before bringing out Tyranitar so It wouldn't really be affected by the Sandstorm.
3 years ago#4
3 years ago#5
Do you play on smogon's rules? Then you can't use Excadrill nor Garchomp like the second poster recommended. It looks fine except for Dragonite and maybe Roserade.
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
3 years ago#6
^I do yes.

I'm ok with going for a better Grass type pokemon(Unless it has a legendary status). I would like to keep Dragonite so I don't have a problem with getting rid of Tyranitar. I know it wont be a Sandstorm team, but that is why a had a ? in my topic title. I figured 4 out of 6 of my pokemon wont be harmed by it so I might be ok.
3 years ago#7
I kinda like swift swim armaldo in sandstorm teams to counter rain teams. It will get the nice sp def boost in your weather, and great speed in rain.
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
3 years ago#8
Some pokemon to consider for use in Sandstorm:

DW Cradily - Storm drain cripples most water types that don't pack some form of Bug/Fighting coverage. Plus with a tutored Giga drain, it can force out a good few water types what with its massive special bulk which is boosted in the rain.
Stockpile or amnesia(iirc) can boost this further.

Gastrodon - Again storm drain, though i wouldn't use this guy with Swampert, very bad with both sharing a 4X weakness (albeit to an uncommon type)

Scizor - Immunity to sandstorm and heck band it and let it wreck havoc with bullet punch before it goes down.

Aggron - Only particularly noteworthy in trickstorm teams. Sturdy allows it to come in on the switch in trick room, but otherwise it is too slow.

Gengar - A painsplit-gar can work to your advantage, as the residual damage from sandstorm works to make sure you can siphon the enemies health. If you need a guarenteed KO. Destiny bond is a nice way of doing a 1 for 1 tradeoff.

DW Alakazam - Magic guard means you no longer fear sandstorm. Give it a focus sash, if you want to ensure two hits against bulkier pokes which can OHKO. Or give it a life orb for no recoil and massive power to OHKO most targets.

Reuniclus - Trickstorm. Quite slow but does have nice bulk to back it up.

Armaldo - mentioned in the post above. Has access to rapid spin too!

there are others but these are some pokes which do well in sand.
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
3 years ago#9
Well if I do stick with the sandstorm team, I like the idea of Cradily.
3 years ago#10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived