This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the next Wi-Fi Tournament is Rotation battles....

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:06 AM
While it's a nice change from Double Battles, I have very little experience with Rotation Battles. I have no idea where to even begin making a team. Any advice?
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2wutzgoodPosted 2/6/2013 7:57:25 AM
It also has no bans on pokes so anything is usable. I don't play rotations so I can't help you much there.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#3DarkBlueAntPosted 2/6/2013 8:08:22 AM
My suggestion is to have every character on your team have an Ice move.

Usually rotation battles are like Rock, Paper, Scissors, but with no restrictions, stupid people are going to go in there with teams of 4 legendary dragons. If you have moves their whole team is weak to, there's no guessing.

Other than that just remember that Protect is annoying as hell in Rotation. As far as I know you can use it every turn if two guys are alternating it. I'm pretty sure Imprison is the only way to stop it. You might also want some stat boosting moves to use when your opponent starts getting annoying with the Protects.
#4shadowreaper7Posted 2/6/2013 8:23:26 AM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
My suggestion is to have every character on your team have an Ice move.

Usually rotation battles are like Rock, Paper, Scissors, but with no restrictions, stupid people are going to go in there with teams of 4 legendary dragons. If you have moves their whole team is weak to, there's no guessing.

Other than that just remember that Protect is annoying as hell in Rotation. As far as I know you can use it every turn if two guys are alternating it. I'm pretty sure Imprison is the only way to stop it. You might also want some stat boosting moves to use when your opponent starts getting annoying with the Protects.

true, but the battlers that have any experience will know to not double up on type weaknesses. Particularly 4X type weaknesses which most of the dragons share (only 3 non-legendary dragon types don't, and if you include legendaries, it does jump to 8)

Furthermore with rotation you;ve got to be up to speed with prediction. i.e. make sure if you have an ice move you have something that can hit bulky waters (namely Kyogre) particularly well, as you can instantly predict a switch to avoid and ice move.

However i do agree, this tournament may be filled with new players using legendaries of the same type which will proceed to be one shotted instantly by a competent player. Or at least they won't cause problems to a competent player.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#5InfinityWatchPosted 2/6/2013 9:12:17 AM
why is chatot always banned?
---
Pkmn Blk: 2623-2011-2679, Blk2: 3225-3395-0232 3DS FC: 0146-8763-0636
#6DarkBlueAntPosted 2/6/2013 9:41:45 AM
InfinityWatch posted...
why is chatot always banned?

He has a special move where you can record your own voice. I guess GameFreak doesn't want people to swear at kids.

I'm sure they could get around that if they wanted to by just banning that one move, but I guess they don't want to put in the effort for something so few people use anyway.
#7residentbowersPosted 2/6/2013 10:15:11 AM
DarkBlueAnt posted...

is this true? i pretty much only play triples these days so its been more than a year since i played rotation, but i dont remember protect working like that.

i thought it worked where pokemon A uses protect, pokemon B uses protect, and now if pokemon A or B use protect again its the same as a stationary pokemon using protect twice in a row unless they take a turn without using protect.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#8residentbowersPosted 2/6/2013 1:17:31 PM
finally got around to trying the protect thing out. it works the way i thought (pokemon A protect-pokemon B protect-pokemon A trys again but fails). if anyone else was wondering.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#9Monster SlasherPosted 2/6/2013 1:23:20 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
You might also want some stat boosting moves to use when your opponent starts getting annoying with the Protects.

You should probably be packing stat boosting moves anyways since you can boost, rotate away from a threat, and return later in the match with the boosts intact.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;