This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I forgot how lame Gen 4 is!

#31kwando1313Posted 2/7/2013 8:13:12 AM
FuneralCake posted...
lilaschildkrote posted...
Home rowed, im on a mobile device, i cant play that.

That's fine. I don't think you'd understand it, anyway.

kwando1313 posted...
@FuneralCake: Ironic, because you're presenting your opinion as a fact. :3

That's actually not what irony is at all, and no I'm not.

Irony: Doing opposite what is expected. You lectured people about the difference about opinions and facts, yet you are placing your own opinion as a fact. THAT IS THE TEXTBOOK DEFINITION OF IRONY.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#32dwdwdw6Posted 2/7/2013 8:31:33 AM
I remember how awesome Gen 4 is. It has 2 amazing games in Platinum and HG/SS. Also Cyrus is easily the most evil and deranged of all the evil team leaders. And he looks badass.
#33Dark_Link92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:12:28 AM
I can't remember much about Cyrus- I haven't got to him yet apart from his occasional appearances. I think I remembered him being pretty good, though.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#34Aqua69696Posted 2/7/2013 9:27:27 AM
Kaguura posted...
Gen 2 actually was the lamest Pokegen ever. Terrible beep-boop-beep music, terrible starters, ugly/useless pokemon etc. :)

All of my No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBTQMzD2so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-VyHIx_SY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW0a7VYvZ3U

This one is a bit YMMV, but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDqZ7beNzyU
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#35elite_marksmanPosted 2/7/2013 11:02:29 AM
B/W Plasma > Aqua/Magma > 1st Gen Rocket > Galactic > 2nd Gen Rocket > A pile of rubbish > B2/W2 Plasma

Plasma in the first Black and White actually kinda felt like a threat. Plasma in Black and White 2 was a minor annoyance.
#36FuneralCakePosted 2/7/2013 11:36:10 AM
kwando1313 posted...
Irony: Doing opposite what is expected. You lectured people about the difference about opinions and facts, yet you are placing your own opinion as a fact. THAT IS THE TEXTBOOK DEFINITION OF IRONY.

Nope. At best, it would be hypocrisy.

For one, what is expected of me would have yet to be determined, as I had only said one thing on the matter. Were I like the other dude, who actually was presenting his opinion as a fact, then it would be closer to irony, but still more hypocrisy than anything else.

Two, I was not presenting my opinion as a fact. I think it might do you some good to check out the children's game, as well. As Binky says, and I'm paraphrasing here, "An opinion is something that you can't show is true." So, simply saying "gen 3 had terrible music" is an opinion, since I can't show someone that it's true.

It would do you good to remember that all opinions are opinions by default. They do not need to be amended with things like "personally," "in my opinion," or anything else that re-states the obvious.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#37GamingAntPosted 2/7/2013 12:08:50 PM
FuneralCake posted...
lilaschildkrote posted...
Home rowed, im on a mobile device, i cant play that.

That's fine. I don't think you'd understand it, anyway.

kwando1313 posted...
@FuneralCake: Ironic, because you're presenting your opinion as a fact. :3

That's actually not what irony is at all, and no I'm not.

I don't think you know what irony is...
---
I'll have a number nine, a number nine large, a number six with extra sauce, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one wit' cheese, and a large soda
#38lilaschildkrotePosted 2/7/2013 1:14:40 PM
i really only said my opinion was fact just to spite homerowed,

But on this one, i really am going to side with homerowed, i don't see any ironic statements made by him.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#39lilaschildkrotePosted 2/7/2013 1:30:48 PM
"Nope, gen 3 had terrible music.

You need to learn about opinions."

I guess i can see where the person claiming this was irony was coming from, but it's still not irony, it is hypocrasy like homerowed said.

Because by saying "nope" it dismisses my opinion and then presents the next statement as if it were fact.
The proceeds to tell me i need to learn about opinion.

See, because i was told i needed to learn the difference between opinion and fact, when right before that the same thing i did was done; presenting opinions as fact.

hypocrisy =/= irony.

I think the real irony here is that people thought this topic would be about bashing gen iv for no apparent reason, when it turned out to be about what ironic means.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#40GastroFanPosted 2/7/2013 1:43:07 PM
MK Sonic posted...
Veola posted...
Team Galactic blew up a lake.

Think of the poor Magikarp.

With barbecue sauce or tartar?

You use barbecue sauce on fish? I thought that was seafood sauce.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates of Infinity Board