This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So most of my favorite Pokemon are...

#1ktbanditPosted 2/6/2013 7:21:34 PM
Either underused, neverused, or rarely used... I feel like when I decide to make a team it will be completely outclassed by teams full of overused.
---
Check me out on YouTube rambling about call of duty and other random stuff. YouTube/GamerTag: DaBlueBonnet
#2ktbandit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:48:01 AM
Bumb
---
Check me out on YouTube rambling about call of duty and other random stuff. YouTube/GamerTag: DaBlueBonnet
#3DarkBlueAntPosted 2/7/2013 11:32:58 AM
Check out my Youtube channel. I use some guys who are completely uncompetative and do pretty well in competative Triples.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7U5aAKwjJLjzMRO-I5p9KA?feature=mhee

Use guys you like, but put some thought into your team. I put a Beedrill on there, but only after doing some experimenting until I got it right. You can do the same. Don't be fooled by theory fighters who tell you that anything below OU is totally unusable.
#4Reyman500Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:25 AM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Check out my Youtube channel. I use some guys who are completely uncompetative and do pretty well in competative Triples.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7U5aAKwjJLjzMRO-I5p9KA?feature=mhee

Use guys you like, but put some thought into your team. I put a Beedrill on there, but only after doing some experimenting until I got it right. You can do the same. Don't be fooled by theory fighters who tell you that anything below OU is totally unusable.

Don't record with a potato and I will.
---
Poliwag hax shttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle7716029
*OFFICIAL DOWN SYNDROME OF X/Y BOARDS*
#5residentbowersPosted 2/7/2013 12:16:38 PM
play doubles or triples. remember that when you look at these simulation sights and tiers these people are only playing singles. most of what they say has no bearing on doubles or triples.

for instance hypno is an awesome trick room setter. inner focus prevents flinching, give him mental herb to prevent taunt, he has great spdef, passable def&hp and an awesome movepool. you have to prepare for imprison/other trick room users and be aware of prankster encore. but if you partner right your pretty much guaranteed the trick room.

now look hypno up on one of those sights. i'd assume they'll just say dont use hypno because he wouldn't work for s*** in a singles match.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#6infinitexxPosted 2/7/2013 12:24:28 PM
Hypno is a mediocre TR set-up pokemon, be it singles, doubles, or triples. Also, you can indeed see doubles sets on smogon for VGC rules.

Anyway, that's the nature of the game, some pokemon are always going to have a competitive advantage. Tiers don't make it so your favorites are bad, they actually provide environments where they can thrive.

Just be aware that if you're playing with no rules, you are going to run into a lot of people using things from OU and Uber tiers. Doesn't mean that they're unbeatable, but they do have an edge.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#7residentbowersPosted 2/7/2013 12:44:20 PM
infinitexx posted...
Hypno is a mediocre TR set-up pokemon, be it singles, doubles, or triples. Also, you can indeed see doubles sets on smogon for VGC rules.

^see like i said. these people have no idea whats viable in doubles or triples
---
#8infinitexxPosted 2/7/2013 2:13:59 PM(edited)
residentbowers posted...
infinitexx posted...

^see like i said. these people have no idea whats viable in doubles or triples

Off the top of my head for better TR users in VGC, Cresselia (very hard to top), Reuniclus, Dusclops, Bronzong, Jellicent, Proygon2, and Chandelure. I'm sure if I ran down the list of TR distribution I'd find a few more, those are just ones that I've used or played against that were effective.

edit: Forgot Cofagrigus, don't know how I missed him, one of my favorites for UU (with a non-TR build there though). Also, Musharna.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#9residentbowersPosted 2/7/2013 11:37:24 PM
Your not taking into account how helpful inner focus is for this role.

Fake out, the most common lead move, stops cresselia, reuniclus, bronzong, musharna and porygon. So that's 1 turn your pretty much guaranteed not to get trick room. Now, we are talking double/triples so your poke took a fake out + a possible second hit while you didn't get trick room up. You ready for two more hits before you get it up? Let's hope you didn't get fake out + taunt, otherwise now your mental herb is gone and your screwed.

the ghosts are the obvious solution here, but scrappy khan, air slash, dark pulse, rock slide or any other flinch move, not to mention the odd kings rock user, all have a chance to stop your trick room. Is it gonna happen every time? No. Is it going to happen more than you want? Yes. Will it ever happen with hypno? No.

Also, your lead trick room user should have mental herb to stop taunt. Your going to put mental herb on reuniclus? Really? f*** that I'm going with life orb. How about on Cressielia? Dusclops? Jellicent?

inner focus is an awesome ability for this role which greatly elevates hypno and there are certainly many many times when he's a better choice than those you listed. This is of course before we even get into its sweet move pool or teammates that are going to further its bulk and in the end you get to beat someone with a f***ing hypno.

Now, how is that mediocre?
---
#10residentbowersPosted 2/8/2013 12:37:14 PM
also, sorry for derailing your topic tc. i know this is not the hypno fan page. my point was just that when you start looking at doubles/triples over singles many more pokemon become usable. hypno is just one example of a great pokemon that shines once it gets a partner.

i'm sure many others can give examples of pokemon considered UU and NU pokemon that work just fine in double/triples.i know i can think of a bunch. just think your team out and you should be able to win at least some of the time
---