This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So who's ready for the uber tournament?

#21DarthLampePosted 2/7/2013 10:47:31 PM
I just recruited a Star of Destiny. Suikoden 6 is at the top of my wanted video games list. I hate to admit that it's above XY, but I've been waiting so damn long. 5 was the best game since 2 and all we've got since then is that Tierkreis crap that came with a digital freaking artbook. I think 4 had the best artbook.

If my Heracross wasn't already named, I'd name it Flik.

And the worse part is we didn't even get the new PSP game that was released either. Sure, it's not a timeline game, but damn it, it's still a Suikoden. I'd do anything for there to be Suikoden 6. Set in Harmonia, perhaps with some Hikusaak! Reveal another true rune or two. Oh man. 2 is my favorite game of all time, with the best mini-game in any videogame ever made, the cooking mini-game. I don't understand why Konami is awful at marketing and gets rid of the most popular aspects of this damned franchise. All they care about anymore is Soccer and Castelvania. Oh, but they can release Frogger on the 3DS! Ugh, for real? Who BUYS that game?

Japan also gets better bonuses than us from what I recall. They have huge Suikoden guidebooks with like every character ever in them. They got both Gaiden games, which are supposedly pretty good on their own. 4 was such a boring Suikoden game, though a solid game. Not broken, good story, some nice characters, movement was poor, and it was nice to go back to the old formula, as the Trinity Sight was implemented poorly.

Tierkreis was a fairly weak entry, and obviously pails in comparison to something like Radiant Historia, but it wasn't an awful game. Trading was a fun addition, and I think that could be implemented extremely well with gathering stars of destiny if they put some thought into it. There's a lot that they could do to freshen the series, and make it more up to date in so many aspects.

Clive, the amazing character, had his own story in 2. They never did anything like that ever again. Why? That was so well done, interesting, and added replay. I could go on and on about Suikoden, it's my favorite game series, and has some of my favorite games of all time. 2 being my absolutely favorite game, bar none. Nothing holds a candle to it.

Sorry I'm so long winded, got all hyped up about Suikoden, haha.
---
SWB Drawing Update: ~10% finished!
#22pokemon2pokerPosted 2/7/2013 11:06:56 PM
DarthLampe posted...
I just recruited a Star of Destiny. Suikoden 6 is at the top of my wanted video games list. I hate to admit that it's above XY, but I've been waiting so damn long. 5 was the best game since 2 and all we've got since then is that Tierkreis crap that came with a digital freaking artbook. I think 4 had the best artbook.

If my Heracross wasn't already named, I'd name it Flik.

And the worse part is we didn't even get the new PSP game that was released either. Sure, it's not a timeline game, but damn it, it's still a Suikoden. I'd do anything for there to be Suikoden 6. Set in Harmonia, perhaps with some Hikusaak! Reveal another true rune or two. Oh man. 2 is my favorite game of all time, with the best mini-game in any videogame ever made, the cooking mini-game. I don't understand why Konami is awful at marketing and gets rid of the most popular aspects of this damned franchise. All they care about anymore is Soccer and Castelvania. Oh, but they can release Frogger on the 3DS! Ugh, for real? Who BUYS that game?

Japan also gets better bonuses than us from what I recall. They have huge Suikoden guidebooks with like every character ever in them. They got both Gaiden games, which are supposedly pretty good on their own. 4 was such a boring Suikoden game, though a solid game. Not broken, good story, some nice characters, movement was poor, and it was nice to go back to the old formula, as the Trinity Sight was implemented poorly.

Tierkreis was a fairly weak entry, and obviously pails in comparison to something like Radiant Historia, but it wasn't an awful game. Trading was a fun addition, and I think that could be implemented extremely well with gathering stars of destiny if they put some thought into it. There's a lot that they could do to freshen the series, and make it more up to date in so many aspects.

Clive, the amazing character, had his own story in 2. They never did anything like that ever again. Why? That was so well done, interesting, and added replay. I could go on and on about Suikoden, it's my favorite game series, and has some of my favorite games of all time. 2 being my absolutely favorite game, bar none. Nothing holds a candle to it.

Sorry I'm so long winded, got all hyped up about Suikoden, haha.
No worries. I forgot about that PSP entry. How well did it do in Japan. I wish konami would just put Suikoden 2 on the Sony virtual console (or whatever it's call; I don't own a current Sony console and you could probably guess why) so they could at least gauge interest in the series. I feel like Suikoden 6 is coming. I've accepted that I may be deluding myself with this one but it doesn't change how I feel.

Funny you mention Clive's quest. I've been considering doing that for sentimental reasons.

Fun fact: I named my join avenue Suikoden.
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 6
#23Little Green YodaPosted 2/8/2013 12:42:38 AM
pokemon2poker posted...
I don't think we'll see much of Cressy this tournament since it's equity goes way down when there aren't multiple pokemon on the field acting in the same turn.

Cresselia also happens to be the best Groudon counter in the game. Small, but important niche.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#24pokemon2pokerPosted 2/8/2013 12:57:52 AM
Little Green Yoda posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
I don't think we'll see much of Cressy this tournament since it's equity goes way down when there aren't multiple pokemon on the field acting in the same turn.

Cresselia also happens to be the best Groudon counter in the game. Small, but important niche.

98% of my experience is in doubles/triples. Excuse me if I misspoke.
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 6
#25brStalkerPosted 2/8/2013 3:29:52 AM
Might go with Cresselia/Heatran/Reshiram/Kyurem-B/Victini/Terrakion. If I find a way to transfer some stuff from White, I mean
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#26DarthLampePosted 2/8/2013 10:46:12 AM
pokemon2poker posted...
No worries. I forgot about that PSP entry. How well did it do in Japan. I wish konami would just put Suikoden 2 on the Sony virtual console (or whatever it's call; I don't own a current Sony console and you could probably guess why) so they could at least gauge interest in the series. I feel like Suikoden 6 is coming. I've accepted that I may be deluding myself with this one but it doesn't change how I feel.

Funny you mention Clive's quest. I've been considering doing that for sentimental reasons.

Fun fact: I named my join avenue Suikoden.

I don't know specifics, but I think it sold around 130,000, came out about a year ago. So, not so hot, but around the number Tierkreis did in Japan. They sold most of the original shipment, so they most likely made money from it. It was the top selling game during its debut week, and was rated pretty well.

They do have Suikoden on the virtual console, but that's it. No sequels. It's fairly inexpensive from what I recall. It's been on there for years, so I doubt they'd ever put 2 on since it's been so long, which is odd, because 2 is the shining star and one of the rarest games ever made, so you'd think it'd be a no-brainer. There must be some licensing issue or something, or just ineptness.

I feel like the US is never going to see another Suikoden, ever again. It's a shame, really. It went from a rival to the FF series in its prime, to a small niche that most people haven't even heard of. Like I said, I'd love for there to be another game, I'd do almost anything, so it pains my heart to think that it will never happen. I don't like that reality, but I fear it's one I'll be forced to live with the rest of my life.

I'll never forget the moment I put Clive in my party. I just got him, and thought he looked cool. Figured I'd give him a shot just for that. His stats were sub par...except for Tech. Then, in battle, the dude never misses any shots, is a back row hero, and criticals the vast majority of the time because of that tech. He never left after that.

As much as I love Suikoden, I don't name anything after it. To me, Suikoden, at least a few of the games, are the pinnacle of what gaming is. I feel it's a disservice to name something after it. It just makes me pine for the real thing, haha.
---
SWB Drawing Update: ~10% finished!
#27wutzgoodPosted 2/8/2013 11:17:46 AM
Mystery_Cooper posted...
Kyogres. Rain teams everywhere.

Many people who use weather teams should be ready for disappointment. Rayquaza will be shutting down those teams instantly.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#28Little Green YodaPosted 2/8/2013 11:50:21 AM
wutzgood posted...
Mystery_Cooper posted...

Many people who use weather teams should be ready for disappointment. Rayquaza will be shutting down those teams instantly.

I thought Airlock only works when Rayquaza is in the active position?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#29_Unowninator_Posted 2/8/2013 12:37:16 PM
Little Green Yoda posted...
wutzgood posted...
Mystery_Cooper posted...

I thought Airlock only works when Rayquaza is in the active position?

Correct.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#30Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:48:50 PM
Which is why I have Rayquaza in the team :) bye bye weather abusers.

Also, I may think about doing my first recording in this tournament. Thinking the music background should be Sonic Syndicate Denied
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading