This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any tips for the Rotation tournament?

#1FroakiePosted 2/7/2013 1:22:27 PM
This is my first wifi tournament. I'm sure everyone's gonna be running Ubers. Any tips on moves? Like would Protect work good? And how many Pokemon a battle?
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#2DarkBlueAntPosted 2/7/2013 1:37:45 PM
Rotation uses 4 a battle. 3 come out at first and when one is KOed, it gets replaced by the last member.

Protect works very well. Each Pokemon is on it's own timer, so you can use Protect 3 times in a row without failing as long as different guys are using it.

And one Bonus tip:
If you're using a weather team, the guy who has the weather starting effect needs to be the first slot on your team.
#3Froakie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:45:57 PM
Interesting thanks.
I get what you mean on the weather. It only works first turn or something. Also, I assume Choice users are stuck in the move even if they rotate?
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#4Oblivion_HeroPosted 2/7/2013 4:17:31 PM
Choice users are stuck even if they rotate.

However, you should definitely not that wish passing is damn easy in rotations apparently. Wish with one pokemon, and then your next one rotates in and uses protect, with nothing your opponent can do about it.

You could also probably use gravity and trick room a lot more effectively than in singles as well because you get to save a turn dealing with switching. Like, if you had a hustle pokemon on your team (Durant or Zwelious for example) and used gravity, you can immediately rotate Durant in and attack without losing a turn, and gravity in effect buffs accuracy,
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#5Ss4BlazikenPosted 2/7/2013 6:50:06 PM
Stat boosts and drops remain in effect when you or the opponent rotate pokemon, as rotation isn't switching out. Keep that in mind when you want to use moves or abilities like draco meteor or intimidate
#6Little Green YodaPosted 2/7/2013 11:48:48 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Protect works very well. Each Pokemon is on it's own timer, so you can use Protect 3 times in a row without failing as long as different guys are using it.

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should. Toxic/Leech Seed stall could work if your opponent isn't packing Taunt/Sub to deal with status. Other than that and stalling out Trick Room, I'm not seeing any reason to Protect on consecutive turns.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#7wutzgoodPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:38 AM
Rayquaza and a smeargle with imprison, protect, trick room, ice beam, outrage, draco meteor, water spout, etc should protect alot of uber teams. I'd use it myself but I hate rotations. Rayquaza will shut down weather teams instantly.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739