This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Haven't played pokemon in years. Have some questions about this game

#1SuperLuigi17Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:16 AM
Does this game follow the formula of getting gym bages then onto the elite four?

Are there any 1st gen pokemon?

Did an even newer batch of pokemon since Black/White 1 come out with this game?

When i researched black/white 1 i thought about getting the white version because a safari type zone was there and some of the pokemon seemed cooler. Is it the same thing here?

And finally, would it be ideal to constantly grind your early pokemon to keep up with tougher opponents or just catch the pokemon that you encounter later on (seeing as they are already a high level)? As a kid back in the earlier games i never thought about that while playing. What would be ideal to progress without the boring grind of leveling your pokemon constantly?
#2xfyrenxPosted 2/8/2013 2:30:28 AM
Yes.

Yes.

No, same 649.

If you mean White Forest, it's gone through some changes... Mainly, it's not a Safari Zone like area anymore.

There's no need to grind, unless you keep changing your team, and even then you can speed up the process by farming Audino in shaking grass.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#3SuperLuigi17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:33:39 AM
Ok cool. Hmmm i wonder if i should get the black 2 version, seems the most popular.
#4Reyman500Posted 2/8/2013 3:07:51 AM
SuperLuigi17 posted...
Ok cool. Hmmm i wonder if i should get the black 2 version, seems the most popular.

Actually black 2 board was created first so that's why people mostly use this one.
---
Poliwag hax shttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle7716029
*OFFICIAL DOWN SYNDROME OF X/Y BOARDS*