This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This might be why we don't have RSE remakes yet

#1Al6464Posted 2/8/2013 3:23:17 AM
Game Boy Advance had red and green/blue remakes
The DS had gold and silver remakes.
I think the ruby and sapphire remakes will be relased for the 3DS. It makes sence that they are only making one gen of remakes per system. Think how different the graphics where with the first 3 gens. The graphics did not change hardly at all with gen 4 and 5. So lets keep our hopes up for ruby and sapphire remakes with gen 6 graphics.
---
I am not crazy the voices in my head say so
#2brStalkerPosted 2/8/2013 4:06:30 AM
I believe there are a few reasons that a 3rd gen remake won't even be considered in a long time, if ever:

1 - there's at least a 6-year time span between 3rd (Hoenn/Kanto) and 6th gen
2 - there are no unobtainable pokemon in 3rd gen that there aren't on 4th/5th as well
3 - there were no changes in the game mechanics that justify bringing over the 3rd gen region and plot all the way to the 6th.

IMO, if they ever do something about Hoenn, it'll be a sequel, not a remake.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#3MugilokoPosted 2/8/2013 4:12:27 AM
"A pattern failed so let's use another one!"
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 2/8/2013 5:51:12 AM
"I don't want them to be remade so I'll state lame reasons for them not to!"
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#5brStalkerPosted 2/8/2013 6:13:45 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
"I want them to be remade so I'll state lame reasons for them to!"

Fix'd
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#6vermillion719Posted 2/8/2013 6:22:30 AM
I don't get it. People STILL argue over whether RSE remakes will even happen? Of COURSE they're gonna happen. And I only need one argument for it: money. RSE remakes will sell, and you all know it, so they're gonna happen. There's no need for any discussion or debate. It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of "when."
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#7PolimarioPosted 2/8/2013 6:32:38 AM(edited)
brStalker posted...
I believe there are a few reasons that a 3rd gen remake won't even be considered in a long time, if ever:

1 - there's at least a 6-year time span between 3rd (Hoenn/Kanto) and 6th gen
2 - there are no unobtainable pokemon in 3rd gen that there aren't on 4th/5th as well
3 - there were no changes in the game mechanics that justify bringing over the 3rd gen region and plot all the way to the 6th.

IMO, if they ever do something about Hoenn, it'll be a sequel, not a remake.

1.) RBY: 1996
FRLG: 2004

That's 8 years. GSC to HGSS was even more.

2.) All Gen 2 Pokemon could be obtained before HGSS. Yet those 2 happened.

3.) ITP: Physical/Special Split does not exist.

It's just saddening how many people are against Gen 3 Remakes. Yeah, I get it, y'all hate Gen 3. But having a vendetta against remakes of them is just...aghh, how shellfish.

People say defenders of RSEmakes are being unrealistic when, IMO, people providing reasons against them are also being unrealistic. It's like fighting the far left with the far right.

Inb4shutuphoennbaby.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#8brStalkerPosted 2/8/2013 6:41:16 AM
Polimario posted...
1.) RBY: 1996
FRLG: 2004

That's 8 years. GSC to HGSS was even more.

I'm sorry, I meant to say in-game. 2nd/4th gen is 2 years after 1st/3rd. B/W is 2 years after 4th gen and B/W 2 is two years after the first games. Not including how many years X/Y would be ahead.

2.) All Gen 2 Pokemon could be obtained before HGSS. Yet those 2 happened.

I believe the purpose of HGSS was to make 3rd gen unnecessary to complete the pokedex. But that's not a flawed reasoning you have there.

3.) ITP: Physical/Special Split does not exist.

On the contrary. I meant that it's simply not change enough to warrant remaking a whole game.

It's just saddening how many people are against Gen 3 Remakes. Yeah, I get it, y'all hate Gen 3. But having a vendetta against remakes of them is just...aghh, how shellfish.

People say defenders of RSEmakes are being unrealistic when, IMO, people providing reasons against them are also being unrealistic. It's like fighting the far left with the far right.

You're right about one thing: I don't want a RSE remake. however, to assume I hate it because of that is just wrong, if not stupid. I enjoyed 3rd gen, but Hoenn was a mess, the plot was bad, and had a lot of things that were more annoying than fun.
Instead, I want a sequel. I want them to actually improve the game instead of putting up some cute make-up and appealing only to nostalgia.
---
#9PolimarioPosted 2/8/2013 7:01:39 AM
^ I see. Thanks for clarification.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#10darkzero16Posted 2/8/2013 8:03:16 AM
I liked gen 3. Remake would be cool but unlike gen 1 and 2 it still feels playable. So I don't feel the remake is needed. If it happens I'd be happy. Emerald was pretty epic
---
TM Powerlevel in a nutshell
http://i.imgur.com/P6kHV.png