This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fun Pokemon to play around with in competitive battles?

#1tadashii18Posted 2/8/2013 6:15:07 PM
Currently I use a Choice Banded Contrary Spinda
---
"Only fools believe in the goddess' ways." Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#2Crimson_SpiderPosted 2/8/2013 8:01:52 PM
Take anything from RU or NU that you think should be more powerful but isn't used and then use that in a manner contrary to how it is used.

I had an idea for awhile of abusing Gardevoir with Trace and Choice Scarf. The idea being that many poke's weakness is their own ability (intimidate, flash fire, water absorb, lightning rod, ect), which when combined with trace would allow ample free switch-ins. Something like

Gardevoir@ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Trace
252 sp. atk, 252 speed, 6 HP.
Psychic/Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball/Signal Beam
Thunderwave/Psyshock/Destiny Bond/Memento/Energyball/Hidden Power/Wish/Reflect/Lightscreen/Will-O-Wisp

Or whatever move I feel is necessary. I haven't done any calculations, but another option would be training into HP if speed is high enough, allowing more bulk and use as a special sponge. Not sure that would be work, though. Basically you use this to switch into special attackers or pokes with abilities that counter themselves, and then hit them quite hard right back.

The last move's unpredictability is where the advantage really comes in. The fact is, you are never sure just how much of a "scarfer" you are dealing with. You may be fighting a poke that will disable your sweepers. You may be fighting a poke that will suicide itself. You may be fighting a poke that does both, or a poke that does neither. You may not even be fighting a scarfer, given the frequent use of Gardevoir support sets. Until all moves are used, it is unpredictable.
---
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.
#3tadashii18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:22:30 PM
Thanks! I decided to go with a Choice Scarf Absol

Absol @ Choice Scarf
Adamant w/ Super Luck
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Psycho Cut
---
"Only fools believe in the goddess' ways." Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
#4bronxbomb22Posted 2/8/2013 11:00:45 PM
Choice band head smash relicanth. Not everyone see it coming, and it 2kho's almost anything that doesn't resist it, and a lot of things that resists it.
---
Heart Gold FC: 3610-3523-2718
Record (UU) 12-3
#5DemiseEndPosted 2/9/2013 1:49:45 AM
As someone who almost always uses giimmick for my team, I should say that gimmick only work when it can do something more than being a gimmick because its.... Welll a gimmick

For example here's a set I had sucess with

Drudiggon
252hp
252 atk
6 spd

Fire Fang
Outrage
Sucker Punch
Superpower

This is essentialy mini Dragonite who works quite well during the early bw era where many still prefer Hippo, but Ttar is still quite prominent. This can beat ghost, some psychic thing, revenge kills, kills steel quite well, and back then it OHKO the common Toed

Not exactly a good example though(a better example would be like... Raptor or Zapdos)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6tadashii18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:20:29 AM
I might try Drudiggon. Absol is okay so far. The only problem is that it gets OHKO'ed but Mach Punch and its defenses are terrible but very high attack
---