This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Egg Move Breeding Concern

#1RemijiaPosted 2/8/2013 10:59:40 PM
A simple question: If I leave a Pokemon in the Day Care to pass along an Egg Move, is there a chance that the Day Care couple will automatically teach it a new move when it levels up, overwriting the Egg Move and ruining all future hatched eggs? This would especially be a problem if the parent, itself, had to learn the move as an Egg Move, and can't use the Relearner to get it back.

If so, is there a way to prevent or plan for this, when you need to hatch a bunch of Pokemon (for IV breeding) that all need to have a certain Egg Move?
#2HozuPosted 2/8/2013 11:08:20 PM
If you don't take the parents out of the daycare, it will use the original movesets from when they were put in. Any moves that get deleted would still pass on until the parent is taken out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
#3Sid_StarkillerPosted 2/8/2013 11:09:26 PM
All I can think of is level the parent beyond the point where they learn any moves.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#4Waspinator9063Posted 2/8/2013 11:09:32 PM
This is a real risk. Your Pokemon will learn new moves automatically, forgetting the first move on their list, then second, etc.

The best way to avoid this is to put them in at a high enough level they won't level up a million times while you breed. Consult leveling charts at bulbapedia or serebii to see when they learn skills and don't put them in if they'll level up to one of those milestones.

They receive 1XP per step you take, so its easier at higher levels to avoid.

If you have some moves you're not worried about, move those to the front of the breeder's list and they'll be forgotten first.
---
My Black 2 FC: 1378 5562 2310
My XBOXlive Gamertag is: TheOtherRaptor
#5Remijia(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:14:11 PM
Hozu posted...
If you don't take the parents out of the daycare, it will use the original movesets from when they were put in. Any moves that get deleted would still pass on until the parent is taken out.

That would be perfect, since I only ever take the parents out when it's time to replace them. Thanks. Can anyone else confirm that this is true?
#6GotenksgetoPosted 2/9/2013 12:11:39 AM
Waspinator9063 posted...
This is a real risk. Your Pokemon will learn new moves automatically, forgetting the first move on their list, then second, etc.

The best way to avoid this is to put them in at a high enough level they won't level up a million times while you breed. Consult leveling charts at bulbapedia or serebii to see when they learn skills and don't put them in if they'll level up to one of those milestones.

They receive 1XP per step you take, so its easier at higher levels to avoid.

If you have some moves you're not worried about, move those to the front of the breeder's list and they'll be forgotten first.

You can't level up a Pokemon a million times. The most you can level would be 99. Please don't make up stuff like that, otherwise you'll confuse people.
---
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER
#7Waspinator9063Posted 2/9/2013 12:20:55 AM
It's an expression. Are you attempting to be clever?
---
#8Waspinator9063Posted 2/9/2013 12:21:33 AM
Highlight for spoilers below:

You failed.

---
#9Mikey_RPosted 2/9/2013 12:54:26 AM
Hozu posted...

This is true. When I was breeding Skorupi I left level 1 Skorupi in there with egg moves. Every egg I hatched had the egg moves despite the parents coming out at level ~40 and forgetting the egg move, so the moveset is only updated upon taking the pokemon out of the daycare.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#10Remijia(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:34:36 AM
Problem solved, then. Thanks for the input, everyone. ^_^