This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or do the new pokemon suck?

#71Mariofan15Posted 2/10/2013 12:51:31 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Slamming gen1 in a bid to redeem gen5 is dirty pool. Of course simpler technology demanded simpler designs. It's like complaining about the lack of detail in bowser's sprite in the original mario bros relative to his recent iterations. Not only is it baseless finger pointing it's also entirely self defeating as it attempts to shove the decline in creativity when the studio and its budget swelled alongside an advancement to the technology it works with under the rug.

Honestly by doing that you just make this generation of games (and Pokemon in general) seem less creative when the only leg you have to stand on is ' take your nostalgia goggles off! Look at seel generation1 sucks too!'.

Doesnt matter what the reason is. Gen 1 is guilty of having less creative Pokemon then Gen 5 is. And that's a fact.

I love you mario fan. For the simple reason that you're smart.

Take your creepy trolling elsewhere.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#72blueblackVXPosted 2/10/2013 8:31:57 AM
Quote:From: LightningAce11 | #070
Mariofan15 posted...
Slamming gen1 in a bid to redeem gen5 is dirty pool. Of course simpler technology demanded simpler designs. It's like complaining about the lack of detail in bowser's sprite in the original mario bros relative to his recent iterations. Not only is it baseless finger pointing it's also entirely self defeating as it attempts to shove the decline in creativity when the studio and its budget swelled alongside an advancement to the technology it works with under the rug.

Honestly by doing that you just make this generation of games (and Pokemon in general) seem less creative when the only leg you have to stand on is ' take your nostalgia goggles off! Look at seel generation1 sucks too!'.

Doesnt matter what the reason is. Gen 1 is guilty of having less creative Pokemon then Gen 5 is. And that's a fact.

I love you mario fan. For the simple reason that you're smart.

Take your creepy trolling elsewhere.

@Mariofan15
Way to turn down a complement.
---
"A man's greatest strength is often his greatest weakness."
Official Yveltal of the Pokemon Y Board
#73JDM_JevPosted 2/10/2013 10:07:34 AM
But that wasn't smart at all. It didn't address or refute anything, it just repeated the point that was already shot down. Its akin to a 10 year old jamming his fingers in his ears and going LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING LALALA (with this being the pokemon board that is likely however).
---
They've taken something that five-year-old girls absolutely love and turned it into a trashcan child predator recruitment tool. ~riverdude
#74temgunPosted 2/10/2013 10:31:06 AM
asdfggghh1 posted...
Nah, he's partially right.

All generations had had examples of bad designs, but from Gen II forward they were slightly less...good.
Yes, there are some great ones in Gen V, but there is also some really bad ones.

Apples and oranges. I think Gen III has the best pokemon design of all. Everyone has their own favorites. This whole "This generation is the best and everyone who disagrees are wrong" mentality is just silly.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#75Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/10/2013 1:15:54 PM
temgun posted...
asdfggghh1 posted...

All generations had had examples of bad designs, but from Gen II forward they were slightly less...good.
Yes, there are some great ones in Gen V, but there is also some really bad ones.

Apples and oranges. I think Gen III has the best pokemon design of all. Everyone has their own favorites. This whole "This generation is the best and everyone who disagrees are wrong" mentality is just silly.

Yep, this is just what it boils down to. And as I already stated elsewhere, every bad Gen V example has an equally bad Gen I example. And THAT makes the following plausible:
Genwunners suck.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#76Caltenburn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:46:43 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
temgun posted...
asdfggghh1 posted...

Yep, this is just what it boils down to. And as I already stated elsewhere, every bad Gen V example has an equally bad Gen I example. And THAT makes the following plausible:
Genwunners suck.

You've got to be kidding me. The sheer number of ridiculous names and weird looking pokemon in gen 5 aren't comparable to the classic pokemon of gen 1.
---
u am no real super sand
#77blueblackVXPosted 2/10/2013 5:37:44 PM(edited)
For God's sake, can someone just close this f---ing topic? It should have died a while ago.

---
"A man's greatest strength is often his greatest weakness."
Official Yveltal of the Pokemon Y Board
#78Caltenburn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 6:09:09 PM
blueblackVX posted...
For God's sake, can someone just close this f---ing topic? It should have died a while ago.

If you want it to die faster, you shouldn't have bumped it, bro.
---
u am no real super sand
#79TeremeiPosted 2/10/2013 6:18:31 PM
Siezmetoad would like to have a word with you.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#80OfficialZekromPosted 2/10/2013 6:46:46 PM
Quote:blueblackVX posted...

If you want it to die faster, you shouldn't have bumped it, bro.

@Caltenburn
You would have bumped it anyway, so just close it for your own sake.
---
How can people hate Gen V? It's got me!
Official Zekrom of everywhere